Without Me...

Wilbur bolted upright breathing heavily as his eyes darted around the room.

He calmed himself down as he spotted everyone else fast asleep around the library.

Puffy was hugging a book like it was her pillow, Sam was leaned against the bookshelf peacefully snoring and Purpled was laying upside down in a chair.
Phil was asleep on the desk.

A familiar green cloak caught his eyes as he saw Drista attempting to carry an incredibly large platter.

"Woah! Let me help you there Drista,"
Wilbur stood up as he wobbled his way over there catching one end of the tray helping Drista balance it onto a nearby table.

She panted out of breath, barely being able to push Purpled off as she sat down.

He crashed to the ground letting out a Yelp startling Sam and causing a book to fall on Puffys leg, a baah emitting from her mouth as Philza bolted upright just like Wilbur had.

Drista quickly grabbed a book as she nervously whistled pretending like she totally hadn't caused that whole entire chain reaction.

Wilbur chuckled as he picked up the book from Puffys leg, calming down Sam before he accidentally let his temper explode, and helped Purpled out of his strange-uncomfortable position.

"Uh...the dog did it," She tried covering up.
"We don't own a dog.." Wilbur said, as he was finally able to lift Purpled up

"Ow.." he rubbed his back as Wilbur guided them all towards the single table.

"The cooks prepared this for everyone so help yourselves.." he said. Everyone began to dig in and Drista immediately went for the omelette snatching the first one and gobbling it down in just a few bites.

She then immediately scooped some hash browns and placed a couple of sausages onto her plate, heading over to the floor and chomping it all down

"Guess being alone meant she hasn't quite grasped the concept of manners," Purpled spoke as he placed an omelette on his plate.

"I don't blame her, when I was little I used to dunk my whole head into my breakfast and eat it like that," Puffy admitted, devouring the food on her plate.

Purpled snorted as he let out a devilous laughter. Puffy elbowed him in the ribs causing him to choke on his food slightly and grip his side.

"Laugh again, I dare you..." she narrowed his eyes as Purpled nervously chuckled, backing away slowly.

Phil let out a small chuckle as he saw them all react and made his way to the floor next to Drista.

He saw her day dreaming looking at her food, a small frown tugging at her lips.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She snapped out of her trance as she gazed at his eyes.

"I...I just feel like I don't deserve any of this....it's all so....new.....and the fact that there are more kids who haven't experienced this life...it just makes me...feel guilty...." She confessed as she scratched her head.

Philza stared ahead at Wilbur.

"You want to know a little secret?"
Drista looked at him and nodded.

"Wilbur and Techno are adopted...." He whispered
"I assure you both of them can understand the position you are in right now...they were on the streets for as long as they could remember...it wasn't until..."
he paused as he hesitated to speak the next line.

"Until, my wife, their mother found them....oh she begged me to take them in, I finally accepted and I'm glad I did...I don't know what my life would turn out to be without them...afterall..."