Forbidden Deal?

Spoiler alert:

Techno was still in the goddamn cage

Techno groaned as he pressed the bottom of his legs against the iron bars, letting his back lay on the ground as he looked around.

5,069th time he's gazed around the mouse trap, just praying that Tommy wouldn't fall for the trick.

He yawned as his daily servings were given to him. He had actually gotten to know the guards a bit, aka Dream's friends.

Even though they were friends with a tyrant, they were actually pretty chill but Techno didn't want to get too comfortable. He knew there names were Sapnap and George.

George rarely came but Sapnap would come almost all the time. Techno would listen to him ramble on and on about Dream.

It was boring and he would fall asleep after 10 minutes but he did admit, he was getting some valid information out of the bastard's lousy mouth.

As he ate his stale bread and scraps of potato, he heard the guy pause when he got to a part about his lover or rather his "Fiances".

"Heh? Why'd you stop? Something wrong?" Techno asked, completely aware of why he stopped but decided to push the subject anyways.

"It's just a sensitive topic.." he muttered.
Techno hummed a bit as he bit into his scraps.

"Y'know as a completely unaware person who totally has a regular sleep schedule, I don't think its a good idea to keep your thoughts and feelings bottled up.." he stated as he swallowed his piece of bread.
Sapnap looked at him a bit puzzled.

He was giving him unusual but somewhat reasonable advice and it confused him.

They were foes, why would the enemy give him advice?

"Y'know, I can beat you anyday I want but if you want to be strong, you should first deal with the past...it aint good to hold on to things that could potentially be your downfall..."

he finished his food and tossed the dish in the lava, hearing it let out a light hiss as it sunk and melted in the molten rock. He looked back at Sapnap with a blank stare, studying and observing his body language.

"Tell me about it..."

He made it seem like he was just dying to hear what the man had to say, beckoning him to the edge of discomfort.

Sapnap sighed as he leaned back against the rocks. "Well, my fiances names first off are Quackity and Karl...well ex-fiances actually..."

he trailed off but continued his story, Techno patiently now right side up, sitting there, trying to force himself to get hooked into the story.

"Well Karl was a servant working for a Kingdom far off to the west...Quackity came from a place called Las Nevadas..one day we all just happened to meet...Karl ran away from his Kingdom because of its berserk and unreasonable rules and orders...Quackity just needed a break from work....I was working for the Kinoko kingdom at the time, I was the the future king and was also a guard..."

Techno, tuned out the boring parts waiting for anything interesting. Took a good 13 minutes before things got interesting for him to tune back in to the conversation.

"One day, the Kinoko Kingdom was at war and Quackity was taken hostage....out of options Karl bargained with a god named XD....XD liked to call it a Forbidden Deal..."

The phrase rang a bell in Techno's head as he looked at Sapnap, now curious and actually invested in the story.

"The Kingdom perished within the fire of wars and clash of the swords and the booming of explosions were silenced. We lost everything, and were all taken hostage....., Karl had gotten weaker and could barely move, so they killed him. Karl was executed right in front of me...XD rigged the deal and sealed his fate..."

he spoke as he looked back at Techno.

"I soon escaped that hell hole and Dream found me....but he was never like this...obsessed with power....ignoring his friends...he's not the person I once knew he was..."

Techno thought back to his mother.

She had lost her strength and was poisoned by someone, though no one knows to this day.

She and Karl had both experienced the same symptoms till their last breath based on what Sapnap said. 
Techno didn't think it was just some mere coincidence.

Forbidden Deal...

the words still echoed through his head, causing him to think,

What if mom made that deal? What if it was rigged or had a crucial downfall?

He didn't want to accept it, but it seemed like the most reasonable answer. He heard the guard leave as he slumped back down into the cage.

Until he was once more interrupted by another person.
This time is was a face that hadn't been here for a little while.

"Dream."
"We meet again, Blood God.." he spoke, a slight hint of venom in his voice as he fiddled with the sword.

Techno suddenly felt the cage lurch forward and he grabbed onto the bars in front of him as he skidded to a stop in front of Dream. Dream suddenly kicked his cage back, causing it to rock back and forth, the cage landing back to Dream's feet.

Dream looked at Techno, only a few scratches visible.

"I want you to tell me where Tommy is...if you tell, I wont hurt you that badly...." he offered, but Techno huffed in annoyance.

"And if I don't?" he asked.

"Lets just say Techno...I feel like ringing some bells...and guess what? Your my bell..."

He smirked under his mask.

"Now, where is Tommy?" He took the cage and began attaching fire works to the sides, holding a flint and steel next to them.

Techno rolled his eyes and Dream lit them and pushed Techno's cage above the surface of the volcano.

The rest was a blur as Techno was thrashed around and hit the iron bars, drawing some blood and causing some bruises to form all over his arms.

Over and over the process repeated until Dream was satisfied with the beat up Techno in front of him.

"Enjoy your stay..."

he then lit the last set of fireworks and Techno bashed against the bars, until he laid on the ground, panting from the experience and ignoring the aching pains everywhere.

He eventually collapsed from exhaustion and sat there, enduring the heat and suffering minor but painful injuries.

Karl felt the color drain from his face when he read about this Karl's destiny and how he had perished.

It was a clue though....some kind of hint.

Forbidden Deal....

He groaned as he tossed the book aside.

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!

Nothing made sense and his time was almost up.

He needed answers, anything to help twist fate in this universes timeline.
He felt a warm breeze soar by his face as it flipped
open the book to a certain page...

A spoiled ending huh? Oh well...

———————
So I'm trying to move this book along and stuff my cheeseburgers so I can write the exciting parts....

Anyways hope you enjoyed, remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a goodnights sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)