Strange Signs

The castle was alive with maids and butlers scrambling about the cobblestone structure. 
As they were busy dusting and cleaning the place up, the king was up in his office, burning the hours away with a tremendous amount of paperwork, letters, and preparations.

As he was in the middle of scanning through some documents, a knock on the door snapped him out of his trance. "Come in," he replied.

A person with dirty blond hair made their way through the doorway.
His eyes were a dark, magical purple. He wore a diamond chestplate with his diamond sword tucked nicely in its sheath around his waist.
He had baggy brown pants on with dark grey, knee-high boots.

He looked worn out and seemed slightly irritated. He crossed his right hand over his chest and bent down slightly as he awaited the King's permission to take action.

"Grayson, why don't sit down, you look worn out mate" he said.

He then gave a warm, genuine smile and let the figure straighten himself up. He then walked towards the king and sat down in one of his wooden chairs.

"Now, what would you like to say?" he asked in a caring tone. Gray just groaned.

"We got another one, Philza" he sighed. Phil just softly hummed as he stood up to look his bookshelf up and down, scanning for a book.
"I see, what's this one like?" he asked.
"Looks quite young for a bandit. Been giving us trouble for the last two days." he voice sounded groggy and you could sense a hint of anger traced along his tone.

Phil just continued scanning through the shelf.

"He stole one guy's pouch, about a pound of apples, and a women's locket" he continued, his tone slightly changing to calm and easy.

"I think he plans to sell the locket to make some good money off of it," he said. Phil was now back at his desk, his eyes tracing pages of a book.

"You said he was young right?" he questioned, his eyes leaving the page to gaze up at the man before him.

"Yep, looked to be about 14 or 15. Quite the little acrobat he is. I had one squad chase him down and he still got away. He gave them minor concussions and they report him as an annoying ,shitty, little taunter"

Phil was now all ears, his hands folded in his lap, his eyes on Grayson. He seemed to be thinking at the current moment.

"How are the preparations for the Showcase thing going?" he asked. Phil blinked his eyes a couple of times as he woke up from his train of thought.

"Oh yes, um well, there going quite alright, thanks for asking mate" he replied. Grayson opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the door swinging open.
A tall guy with soft pink hair opened the door. In the corners of his mouth were tusks, shiny and extremely sharp. His pink hair was tucked in a tight braid, his crown on top of his head. He wore a a white buttoned up dress shirt with black pants and brown knee high boots. He spoke in a deep, monotone voice as he addressed Grayson in the chair.

"Purpled, your needed at the armory, some idiot knocked all the armor down and doesn't know how to sort it" he said.
Grayson nodded and looked to King Philza. Phil nodded and Grayson stood and put his right hand over his chest. He then walked out the door and into the hallway, leaving Phil and his son alone.

"Hey Techno, what's up mate?" He asked, a smile plastered onto his face.
Techno just remained silent. He then proceeded to walk to the old man's desk. He sat down in the chair that was originally occupied and began speaking.

"The voices have been weird lately," he blurted. The King tensed up but continued to listen.

"Weird how?" He asked.

"I don't know, they seem excited about something.....I don't know what that something is though..." he said, collecting his thoughts.

"Would you like me to help you figure it out?"
Phil asked. Techno shook his head.

"I'm sure I can manage father," he replied. He slowly stood up and made his way to the door.
He then looked back at his father.

"Don't tell Wil, he's gonna insist on helping when I don't need or want it." He said. Phil nodded his head and like that Techno left his office.

The door shut and Phil released a heavy sigh.

His son did well on his own but he just wished that he might ask for the help of others once.
He knew his son was anti-social and independent but he needed him to be able to trust those around him, especially when those people around him wanted to help him.

He just needed a  "little push"
——————————
Alright I have finally finished this chapter! Thanks for reading this! I know I haven't posted in too long and want to get this out before I forget.

I have been incredibly tired and been screaming bloody murder at the top of my lungs. (I was playing murder with 3 little kids at my sisters friends barbecue) and I wanted to get this out before I crash into my bed and fall asleep.

Remember, eat three meals a day, drink lots of water, and get a good night sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)