Chapter Five

Amara's eyes widened as Luca pulled her to the ground, the bullet passing by them. Both hands went on either side of her head and when he fell on top of her, his face almost smashed into hers, their lips so close she could feel his breath.

He quickly got off of her and grabbed his gun, pointing it toward the room.

"The god damn American mafia." He muttered. The man from the lobby stood in the middle of the room, packing the guns into his bag.

A wide grin stretched upon his sharp face, the gun still pointed toward them.

They were too focused on finding the guns they forgot about the possible threat of the Americans here.

Amara took out her gun also, pointing it toward the man.

"Give us the guns. Сейчас" (Now) She spat out, walking closer toward the man. A hand on her arm stopped her, silently telling her to not go any further.

"Come on Amara. You really thought I didn't recognize you guys in the lobby?" He chuckled. "I was actually coming to say hello like old times and maybe work out an agreement." He said, packing the last gun.

"But it seems not." He finished, strapping the bag onto his shoulder.

"There's only one way out, Andrew." Luca said, starting to advance closer to him. "There's one of you and two of us. Those odds seem dicey."

"Yes.. well it's a good thing I'm not going out that way is it?" He responded, a rope suddenly dropping from the ceiling above.

"You fucking bastard!" Amara yelled, trying to latch onto his legs, but missed as he was brought up higher, sending a wave her way.

She turned back to Luca, her eyes dancing with anger as she moved toward him.

"This is all your fault." She aimed her gun at him, her finger on the trigger.

"Amara, chill out." Luca said, his hands up in the air. But as he went to hold them up, his hands grabbed toward her gun and he quickly took it out of her grasp.

He grabbed her wrists and pinned them at her sides.

"Let go of me!" She yelled, bringing her legs up and kicking him in the chest.

"You fucking bitch!" He yelled, grabbing his gun and pointing it at her now, but she was fast enough, taking the dagger from her ankle and jumping onto him, the blade on his throat.

"We seem to be in this position a lot. Hm?" He said smiling, his hand grabbing onto her hips to pull her off.

He flung her across the room, her back hitting the wall beside them. She let out a loud groan and watched as he got up.

He grabbed his gun and walked off, and as he did, she grabbed her last knife and threw it toward him, hitting him behind his knee.

He turned around and pulled the blade out, dropping it to the floor. "I hope you rot in hell." He said, before taking off.

                                     ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

The blow came hard on her face as her father slapped her. Her face turning from the impact.

"Never, ever will you see or speak to Luca Peretti again. Mark my words Amara, you stay away from them or I will kill you myself."