Chapter Eight

"Amara, sweetheart!" Victoria ran toward her through the foyer, her tall heels clicking against the marble floors.

She grasped onto her daughter, squeezing her tight, a hug Amara did not return.

"Hello, mother." She said stiffly, patting her hands on her mothers back.

"So stern like your father." She giggled, pulling away from Amara.

Three men came walking into the house, bags and bags filled their hands and they stumbled their way through.

"Bring that upstairs." Her mother spat, snapping her fingers toward the tall stairs.

"It's so nice to see you again, Amara. You've grown so much." She rubbed her daughters arm, her pointy nails digging into her skin.

"Well it's been seven years." Amara mumbled and Derek nudged her arm, silently saying to be nice.

Her gaze turned toward her mothers shirt, her chest very visible and highly inappropriate for a reunion with her daughter.

"Isn't that shirt.. a little much?" She said and her mother looked down, examining the piece of clothing.

She shrugged, "It's Victoria's secret."

"Of course it is." Amara mumbled again and Derek nudged her harder, making her smack him in arm.

"Will you cut it out." She gritted out quietly.

"Amara." Victoria's voice rang out again. She turned toward her, closing her eyes briefly and breathing in deeply.

"Yes?" She asked, her mother examining herself in the mirror. She took out a tube of lipstick from her bag and applied some to her lips, plumping them up when she closed the lid.

"I'm going to need someone to take care of my dog." Right on que, a man dropped a small crate by them, a tiny dog sitting inside.

They followed Victoria to the living room, standing a far distance as she looked around the place.

"Looks like no one has good taste since I left." She quietly said, pushing past them, walking toward the kitchen.

She searched through the cabinets, making her way around the kitchen. She stopped when Mason, Jack and Alec walked through, their hair wet from what she guessed a shower.

"Well look at you three, all grown and handsome." She walked up to them, each click of her heel sent Amara closer to the edge.

Victoria's finger traveled between all three guys chests, feeling their muscles. They looked up to Amara, sending her a silent prayer to get them out of the situation.

"Okay, that's enough." Walking toward her and pulling her off of Alec, which was difficult as her arms were wrapped around him.

Mason cleared is throat, "It's nice to see you again, Victoria. If I may ask, where have you been?"

She let out a loud giggle. "You know the usual. Drugs, Se-"

"Ok we don't need to hear anymore." Amara interrupted her, grabbing the bottle of wine out of her hands that she managed to grab from the cupboard.

"Where's your father?" She asked, her head looking around.

"He won't be here till Sunday." She told her, putting the bottle back.

"What do you mean? He was the one who invited me here." Victoria said, her lip slightly pouting as she realized her former lover wouldn't be here anytime soon.

Amara stopped moving, turning toward the group of boys that were in the room, the same shocked expression on their faces as well.

"Will you excuse us a moment." She told Victoria.

"Oh, don't be long! I have a lot of pictures to show you."

Amara lead the group toward a guest room closing the door behind them.

"Этот гребаный ублюдок."(That fucking bastard) She said, running her hands through her hair.

"Of course she didn't want to come here. He just needed her here to make sure I don't go anywhere."

She sat down on the bed, and they walked toward her.

"We'll find a way out somehow." Alec assured her and they held their breaths when the sound of heels echoed around the hallway.

The door swung open and Victoria walked in. "Ooo, we're having a little party in here. Mind if I join?"

"Actually, we were just leaving." Amara said getting up, exiting the room. Someone grabbed her arm and Mason's voice whispered in her ear.

"Get ready, Мы уезжаем сегодня вечером." (we leave tonight.)