Chapter Fifty One

Amara's POV

"Are we ready?" Luca asked us, putting the last gun into his belt.

"We just need the map," Derek said, quickly running over towards the table and stuffing the map into his backpack.

Luca's eyes landed on me, giving me a soft smile and then turning back toward the group of boys.

It was dark out, the clock striking midnight as we left the safe house, walking into the cool nights air.

I felt a strong arm wrap around me as we walked down the drive way, and I leaned against Lucas chest, feeling the warmth radiating off of his body.

"Everything will be alright," he whispered. I let out a shaky breath, thanking him as we got inside the car.

The drive was long, and I ended up falling asleep against the window.

But I woke up to being laid against a hard chest, fingers softly stroking my hair.

"We're almost there," Luca said to me as I got up, lightly yawning as I sat up straight.

The sky was still dark, and I could only see the head lights from the car in front of us.

"Mason should be sleeping by now," Alec said, "But if he isn't, there might be a fight."

I nodded, the nervousness starting to kick in now.

I usually wasn't nervous for a mission. But knowing Mason had the whole mafia at his fingertips, and he could instantly snap his fingers to have them kill us in seconds, made me want to vomit.

We also only took a couple days to plan this, usually it takes weeks.

And knowing someone could get hurt, made me bail immediately.

We turned down a road, a very familiar road. I knew that we were close, and my hands started to sweat.

No. I couldn't let him get to me like this

I shook off the fear and straightened my back.

I am Amara Volkov, the true mafia leader. I will not be nervous

I felt better, more powerful. By the end of the day, I'll be the leader of the Russian mafia. Hopefully

We pulled into an empty house at the end of the road, far enough to not alert the guards that stood in front of the gate.

In this house is what led into the secret entrance in our basement, a place only my father and I knew of just in case we needed to escape.

Derek shut off the car, the engine running silent as we took a moment.

Derek turned back to me, giving me a sympathetic look.

"I know it's going to be hard. It's hard for all of us," he said to me, the sadness starting to creep up in my throat.

"But we know it has to be done, he's not the same anymore," he said quietly.

"He's no longer the Mason we knew as kids," Jack continued on.

"I know," I quivered, the tears starting to form, "I just- miss him."

For once, I let a tear drop, for my long lost friend. All the boys were now turned to me, and I can see the tears in my friends eyes.

"Killing Mason will be hard, but-" I looked up to them, "the things he done, makes me want to kill him even more."

"We know," they whispered.

I let out a light chuckle, trying to lighten up the mood. I wiped my wet eyes, a soft sob escaping my throat.

"Let's get out of here," Jack said, also wiping a tear.

We all got out of the car, shutting the doors behind us as we walked up to the front door.

Derek stopped us, engulfing all of us in a tight hug.

"Whatever happens, just know I love you all," he said, his chin resting against my head.

When Luca didn't join in, I felt Alex pull him in, squeezing him also.

"I love you guys too, no matter what happens," I said back, more tears spilling from my eyes.

"I don't think we've ever cried this much during a mission," Jack laughed, making us all chuckle in unison.

Derek smiled and sniffled, "Let's stop whining, and let's go, we have a mission to complete."