Chapter Twelve

The sunlight fell through the room as Amara slowly woke up, stretching her arms as she got up from the bed.

"This is just like a vacation." She thought, going into the bathroom.

When she woke, Luca wasn't there and she couldn't have been happier. She didn't understand why out of all people, he had to be here.

She turned on the shower, and the memories from the other night made it's way through her mind.

She pushed past the thought and hopped in, the warm water soothing her tired skin. Today she was going to scope out the place in order to find a way to escape. She can't stay on vacation forever.

The door flung open and a frantic looking Luca walked through, his eyes searching around the room.

They froze when they landed on her, naked in the shower.

"Luca get the fuck out!" She yelled, covering up her body, he clamped his hand over his eyes and made his way out, muttering an apology as he shut the door. She let out a deep sigh.

What a dumbass

She grabbed her towel and walked out of the room. Luca sat on the bed, his phone in his hand. He looked up, gulping as he watched the girl with the towel walk to him.

"Do you not know how to knock?" she asked, grabbing the brush that sat on the night stand.

"You weren't in the room. I thought you left." He quickly said. She gave him a look as she brushed her hair.

"Why are you so calm about this?" He suddenly asked, following her as she walked around the room, checking each drawer.

She shrugged, "It's a place away from home. Anywhere is better than that shithole."

He stopped her by grabbing her by the arm. "What do you mean?"

"As you know, my father isn't the nicest. Both emotionally and-" She stopped for a moment, looking up and meeting his concerned eyes. "Physically."

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"I don't need your pity." She got out of his hold and made her way back to the bathroom.

"Meet me in the kitchen when you're done." He said before leaving, shutting the door as he left.

✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

"What am I supposed to do all day?" she asked, sitting down at the counter.

"I don't care. Just don't bother me with all your girl problems." He said, closing the fridge door.

"Girl problems? Fuck you." She got up from her seat, walking up to him.

"You're the one who brought me here. You're the one who has to deal with all my girl problems." She gritted out, pointing her finger on his chest.

He grabbed her by the wrist and pinned her against the wall, fury burning through his stare.

"If you would have god damn listened to me Amara, you would know I don't want to be here." He spat out.

"You're not the only one imprisoned in this house, so let me make this clear." he started, "I won't be listening to you talk nor will I be hanging out with you."

He dropped her, "Do I make myself clear?" He asked.

Their eyes clashed together, anger bubbling between both of them.

"Crystal."

"Good. Your room is ready, take your shit out of mine and leave."

With that, he left the kitchen, leaving Amara alone with nothing to do and no one to talk to.