Chapter Sixteen

"Luca! I'm gonna need a gun." She said, following him around his room as he packed his bag.

He slammed the bag on the table and turned toward her.

"How am I supposed to trust you?" He asked, walking toward her, she did not move, even when his face came so close you hers.

"Because I don't want to be killed." She gritted out, pushing him against the chest as he got closer.

"I won't try anything, I promise." She told him, sitting on his bed.

He watched her for a moment and then let out a deep sigh.

"Fine." He grabbed a gun from the drawer. "But if you do anything at all, I'll kill you." He said, handing it to her.

"Deal." She smiled, feeling the gun against the fingers.

He strapped a belt around his waist, placing a gun in it. He handed her one and she put it around herself, the black blending in to her clothes.

"It will just be the two of us." He said to her, handing her the knives that were on the table.

"Are we stealing drugs?" She asked, placing them onto the strap on her thigh.

"No, but I'm sure you have a lot of experience with that." He smirked at her.

"Fuck off."

He chuckled, grabbing the bag and leaving the room, her coming up beside him.

"We'll be killing someone." He said, walking down the steps.

"That will be easy." She said from his side.

"It's the leader of the Australian mafia, Amara. It won't be easy." He said, reaching the front door. She stopped walking.

"We're killing a mafia leader?!" She asked, angrily coming up to him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, "This is something someone must prepare for asshole!"

"Amara calm down, if my father put you on this mission then you'll be fine." He told her, grabbing her wrists as she went to point her finger at his chest.

"Why are we killing him?" she asked, pulling away from his grasp.

"He wants to take over the Australian mafia." She shrugged, "I don't know why, but he doesn't know what he's doing."

He grabbed the keys that were on the foyer table and looked back at her.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asked her and she gave him a look.

"Don't be stupid, Luca. I was born ready for this." She smiled, grabbing the keys from his hand and walking out the door, him rolling his eyes from behind her.

✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

"You see that gate there?" He pointed in the dark toward where a gate stood.

She nodded, looking over toward where he was pointing.

"Good. That's where we'll enter." He told her. "They don't have good security so we should be fine."

"When we get to the building entrance, you'll distract the guard." He said, pointing toward the map in his hands.

When she agreed, he continued. "I'll walk in and kill him, then we'll go inside."

"Do you know where in the building he is?" She asked and he checked the time on the car.

"He'll probably be in bed around this time. We'll check there first."

He turned toward her. He watched her as she stared ahead, her fingers playing with the gun on her lap.

"Hey." He said quietly and she looked at him. "It will be fine."

"Yeah, let's hope." She muttered, her eyes meeting his soft ones.

"Let's go kill a mafia leader." He smirked, both opening the door and stepping out into the nights air.