Chapter Twenty Three

Amara's POV

He comes tomorrow. I tried to practice doing makeup and I just hoped it was enough for him. I was okay with wearing a dress, but all day? No thanks.

I've decided to use the gym inside the house today. I haven't been doing anything in this house and it's time to start working out again.

The punching bag moved as I pounded my fists into it, trying to release my anger onto the black bag in front of me.

I briefly closed my eyes when the door opened, and Luca walked in, shirtless with a bag in his hands.

"Can't you come another time?" I asked, going back to punching.

"This is the time I work out Amara, if I bother you so much you are welcome to leave." He said to me, putting his bag on the bench.

I let out a quiet huff, turning my attention away from him. But hands on my hips made me stop, my breath hitching in my throat.

"You're doing it wrong." A voice muttered in my ear as Luca adjusted my hips.

"Try standing like this, you'll get more power in your swing." One of his hands glided up my waist, his strong arms keeping me in place.

I felt a shiver go down my back as he lightly squeezed my skin, making me want to press myself against him. But I stopped myself, gulping as he stepped away.

He crossed his arms, clearing his throat.

"Try now." He told me and I gave him a glare.

I punched the bag again and I could easily move. Why did he have to be right?

I could feel the smirk on his face from behind me and I wouldn't let this get to his ego.

"Actually, it's harder for me to move. I'll stick to my normal stance." I told him and his face turned into a scowl.

"Suit yourself." He said, walking away from me.

As he walked away, I stuck up my middle finger, the hatred for him burning deep inside me.

"If you're really so persistent about the way you do things, why don't you fight me?" He said, grabbing the water bottle from his bag.

I scoffed, "You want me to fight you?" I chuckled.

"Why not? Unless-" He gave a wide grin, "You're scared."

"Me scared? That's ridiculous. I just wouldn't want you to be hurt for your father." I mirrored his same smile.

"You really think you can beat me?" He said, tilting his head slightly.

"Positive."

"Then it's a deal. We fight." He said and we both walked up to each other, giving a firm handshake.

He took one last swig of his water and we went in the middle of the room.

"Remember you can back out anytime." He told me.

I rolled my eyes, "Same goes for you."

He advanced toward me, his arm already swinging for a punch but I ducked underneath it, trying to go for his stomach.

But he blocked me, practically pushing me away from his body.

I took this time to jump on him, my body trying to take him to the ground, but he grabbed my waist, swinging me to the floor.

He was now on top me, something that seems to happen a lot. He swung his fist for another punch but I rolled us over, my body now on top of his.

I threw a punch at his face, my fist connecting to his nose.

"Puttana." (You bitch.) He growled out, throwing me off of him.

How the heck was he so strong?

He came toward me, his leg kicking me in the stomach.

Shit

I held my stomach, giving him a deathly glare as he smiled down at me.

I swung my foot at his legs, making him fall to the ground. He pulled my arm and took me down with him, rolling our bodies over so that way he was directly on top of me.

"I win." he said, blood dripping down his face. It gave me great delight to see that I made him bleed.

"Hm." I said before I lifted my hips and pulled myself over top of him, my arm directly on his throat.

"I win." I smiled and his eyes widened, surprised I was able to get out of his hold.

He smirked at me, his hands going to my waist, making my heart start to beat faster.

He rolled me over again, both hands going beside my head, trapping me in place.

"You sure did." He whispered in my ear, sending tingles in my lower abdomen.

"Look at you, on the ground underneath me." He whispered again, one of his hands trailing down to my hip, then down my thigh.

"Fuck, Amara." He muttered, his lips lightly touching my ear.

A clear of a throat made him pull himself off of me and my attention turned toward the door.

"Father, you're early."