Chapter Thirty Six

Amara's POV (Y'all don't be mad at me)

This cannot be happening

I felt like I couldn't breathe as I got pushed onto the stage, Mason's hand grabbing mine as we walked towards my father.

What do I do? I can't escape, Mason's grip on my hand was so tight I knew it was going to leave a bruise.

He pulled me closer, wrapping a arm around my waist. Fuck, I think I'm going to be sick.

My gaze turned toward the group of boys that stood along the wall, a sympathetic look on all their faces as they stared up at two of their engaged friends.

I felt like I could kill both Mason and my father right here, but I kept up the act, my body now numb from the feeling of Luca leaving I didn't make the right decision.

I sunk into Mason's hold, no longer fighting his strong grip.

"As you all know," my father said once the crowd quieted down. "My daughter was the rightful heir. But, due to certain circumstances, Mason has now taken that roll, and what better way to have him be the leader than marrying Amara!"

Mason moved his mouth to my ear, his breath fanning against the skin.

"This will teach you to not fuck the enemy" He whispered, giving the crowd a smile as he moved his face away.

I didn't move a muscle, I just stood there, watching my father talk to the crowd about his retirement and how grateful he is to have Mason as a son.

And as Mason dragged me around the room, greeting people who congratulated us, I couldn't help but want to be curled up in a ball, away from everyone.

I was so numb I didn't even notice Mason pulling me into his bedroom, a lustful look on his face as he pushed me onto the bed.

I didn't even feel how he kissed my neck, saying to me that this is what I do now, that this will be my job once I become the mafia leaders wife.

God

I didn't feel the way he pulled my clothes off, his mouth attacking my chest, my stomach and once his head was in-between my thighs, I didn't feel the same way Luca made me feel.

Fuck I miss Luca.

I miss the way he was so gentle and rough at the same time. Unlike Mason who just thrusted into me, not even letting me adjust or prepare myself for the movement.

And when I cried out his name, I could only think about one person. His name running through my head as Mason came over my stomach, his body crashing right beside mine.

I didn't move then. I didn't move now, hours after Mason went to bed. He forced me to stay in his room, claiming that is what we must do now, sleep together.

And as I lay here awake, tears streaming down my face as I stared into the ceiling, I felt the need to just die.

What would life be without Luca? Married to Mason? Do I even have a choice.

No

Of course not. Of course I don't have a fucking choice. I'm just a house wife now. Like my mother.

When I turned over to look at Mason, his naked body asleep as he hugged the pillow. I cried more, the heavy feeling in my chest made me cry so much I fell asleep to my own sobs.