Chapter Eleven

"Let me go, you bastards!" She yelled, trying to pull her hands free from the ropes that bind her to the chair.

She was in a room, a pane of glass in front of her that she couldn't see through, but she knew the people on the other side could see her.

"I will kill you all if you don't let me go!" She yelled again and Luca came through the door, a rag in his hand.

"Don't you fucking dare." She gritted out, pulling her face back from him. He grabbed her by the chin and pulled her face closer, stuffing the cloth into her mouth.

She felt dizzy, the smell of the cloth making her conscious zone in and out. She tried to fight it, but she couldn't and she fell into a deep sleep.

                                     ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

She awoke with a jolt on a large bed, silk black sheets covering her body. Her eyes frantically searched the room, getting up from the bed.

"I would stay there if I were you." A voice said from across the room. She looked to where the man was, and a silhouette was on a chair, on the other side of the bedroom.

He wore a black suit, a glass of whiskey in his hand. His leg was crossed over the other and his body was slumped into the chair, a look of exhaustion on his features.

"Where did you take me?" She asked harshly, walking over to where he sat.

"Far away from home." He said, taking a large sip from the glass.

She jumped on him, punching him anywhere possible. His glass dropped and he flipped her over so that way she was laying on the chair and he was on top of her.

She was thrashing against his hold and he put his knee in-between her thighs in order for her to stop kicking him.

"Let me go" She hissed out, her hair now falling over her face. He brought her hands above her head, holding them together with one hand as he brought the other down to her waist, holding her in place.

"You think I want to be here too? Keeping a watch on you?" He said harshly, his hold becoming tighter as his body got angrier.

"Where the hell am I." She repeated, and she finally stopped moving, both their chests moving rapidly from the heavy breathing.

"If I tell you, will you calm down?" He asked.

"I won't make any promises." She told him, watching as he removed his body from hers, adjusting his suit.

"We're in Australia."

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked, sitting up from the chair.

"I said we're in fucking Australia Amara!" He yelled, his hand running through his hair.

She scoffed and got out of the seat, walking away toward the window sill on the side of the room.

She watched as the waves crashed on the shore, the moonlight reflecting onto the ocean water.

"They'll come looking for me." She said quietly.

"Amara." Luca said, his body coming up beside hers.

"Your group left before the attack of the Russians." He told her, watching as her body tensed.

"You're lying to me."

"I'm not. I can show you the security footage if you want."

She didn't answer him by saying, "Why are you here? Why am I not in a cell?"

"I'm here to watch you. Make sure you don't do anything stupid." He answered, his gaze focused on the beach ahead of them.

"As for why you're not in a cell, I have no clue."

She let out a deep sigh. How could she have let this happen? How disappointed her father must be. How her group left her..

She turned away from the window, going back to the bed.

"You can leave now." She said, getting into the covers.

"Leave? Amara, this is your first night here, I don't trust you." He walked over to her, placing both hands on the bed.

"Fuck off." She turned her back toward him, her hair cascading over her shoulders as she got comfortable.

The sudden dip in the bed made her sit up, looking to where Luca lay, no shirt on or pants, just a pair of boxers.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She asked harshly, trying to push him off the bed.

"Well, assuming this is my bed, I'm sleeping."

She quickly got out of it, making Luca chuckle at her actions.

"Bring me to my room." She stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Your room isn't ready yet, lay down."

"I am not sleeping with you." She said firmly.

"It's this or the floor." He shrugged, turning over so that way he laid on his stomach and he hugged the pillow.

"Fine." She grabbed the pillow and made her way to the floor, placing it on the cold ground.

"Amara, you cannot be serious." He watched as she got comfortable on the floor, hugging her body tightly.

He let out a groan and walked over to her, picking her up bridal style and bringing her to the bed.

"Luca, put me down!" She yelled, trying to escape his arms.

"I am not letting you sleep on the floor." He got into the bed, pulling the covers over both of them.

She let out a huff and turned over, scooting further away from him. A warm body at her back made her freeze. He was so close she could feel his breath against her head.

Why did this feel so comforting? Why was she enjoying this?

She couldn't help but close her eyes and let the tiredness hit her, basking in the way Luca's body was against hers, comforting her as she fell asleep.

A/N- Y'all... 5K omg. Thank you so much!

-Z