Destiel-Gone

Hearts pumping pure adrenaline, lungs gasping for breath, feet pounding on the cracked cement, and the occasional cry of pain when one of the men got in a hit.

Vision blurred by un-fallen tears, Castiel felt his heart hammering in his chest, as the new found human emotion of complete, and utter fear seeped into him. He couldn't do anything but watch helplessly as Dean Winchester, his best friend, tried to save him from the revenge seeking angel trying to kill him.

Cas tried to scream, but his mouth was gagged. He struggled against the thick ropes binding his ands and feet together, but nothing seemed to work. A muffled cry left his throat, as he saw Dean take a blow to the gut, stumbling backwards. The angel turned back to the now human Castiel, and came forward, lifting a fist to hit him, but was suddenly knocked aside by a blur of leather.

Cas struggled more, seeing that Dean had purposefully dropped a knife right by Cas's hand so he could free himself. With a new found determination, Castiel managed to acquire the knife, and he began sawing at the ropes around his wrists, desperately trying to get to Dean. His Dean.

The angel took a stab to the arm, and hissed in pain, glaring at Dean, and sending him flying back, pinning him against a wall. Dean grunted in pain, and dropped the angel blade, watching it roll off into one of the many crevices surrounding the old factory. “You useless human! You thought you could save him?!” The angel roared, waling menacingly towards Dean.

Cas's heart beat accelerated in fear, and he finally managed to cut free his hands. He gripped the knife tighter, and began cutting the ropes around his waist, that attached him to a chair, getting those done faster.

Dean chuckled at the angel. “You think you're so tough right?” He asked, trying to buy Castiel more time. The angel stopped, his stare hardening, and his grip on the knife he held, tightening. “Well you're not,” Dean continued, seeing Cas cut one leg loose, and rapidly move to the other. “Deep down, you angels are just as fucked up as us humans,”

The angels eyes flashed a blue color in rage, and he swiftly lifted the knife, plunging it deep into Dean's abdomen, and twisting. That happened to be the exact moment Castiel cut himself completely free, only to look up just in time to see Dean get released from the angels hold, and fall to the ground, a knife protruding from his gut.

Castiel felt his breath get knocked out of him as he stared in utter terror at the sight before him. “NO!” He managed to yell, diving for the fallen angel blade, and diving for the angel, but before Castiel could get to him, he disappeared. The angel blade cut through the air where it would have hit it's target, had it been there.

Cas stumbled forward, and turned, to see Dean laying in a pool of his own blood, and spluttering. A strangled choking cry rippled through Cas's throat as he dropped the angel blade, and knelt beside his bleeding hunter. “No...No no no, Dean...Dean please...” Cas blubbered, his shaky hands, gently lifting Dean's head, and placing it on his lap.

“D-dean....What do I-I do?! H-how do I help?!” Cas cried desperately, his eyes suddenly stinging, and his throat closing up. Dean took a few ragged breaths, weakly lifting his hand to grab Cas's trembling one. “N-n-noth...ing,” Dean was able to get out, before choking on his own blood. Castiel let a loud sob pass his lips.

“Dean please...” Cas begged, though he didn't know what he was begging for. “I-I can't....I-...I can't h-heal you!” He said, putting two fingers to Dean's forehead, only for nothing to happen. Dean's lips quirked upwards. “It....It's o-ok....” He croaked, gasping. Tears began to pour down Castiel's face uncontrollably.

“NO! I'TS NOT OK DEAN! PLEASE!” Castiel screamed, squeezing Dean's hand, and cradling Dean's head in his lap. “Cas...” Dean whispered, looking up at his angel with those forest green eyes Cas had fallen in love with. Castiel looked down at Dean, another cry of pure anguish racking his body as several tears dripped down his cheeks and landed on Dean's head.

“D-don't....C-cry,” Dean rasped, lifting his other hand, and very weakly, wiping the former angel's tears. “I-I lov...” Dean went into a coughing fit, blood splattering on Cas's shirt, but he didn't care. “Oh please no....” Cas squeaked, his hand moving to cup Dean's face. “I l-love....y-y-you...” Dean managed to choke out his final words.

Cas watched in despair as Dean's hands went limp, and his head lolled to the side, his beautiful green eyes remaining open, but glazing over with a look of death. Cas's heart shattered, and his brain stopped working for a moment, his mouth dropped in shock. He shook his head, not believing he had just witnessed hid hunter's death.

“N-n-n-n-o,” Cas whispered, gripping Dean's shoulder's and shaking him. “DEAN! DEAN WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!!” He yelled, his voice cracking. Dean of course, didn't respond, and Cas broke down crying more than he had ever cried before. He had never felt so broken...So alone...So....Numb.

Cas hugged Dean's lifeless body to his chest, burying his face in his neck, and crying, his hands gripping the leather jacket he always wore, and making tight fists. “I-I love you too,” He cried, pulling Dean closer, and sobbing.

 With a deep breath, Cas screamed. A scream so heart wrenching, it could be heard for miles. A scream louder than anything you had ever heard before. The scream of someone who was broken. The scream of someone who was grieving. A scream of someone who had just lost their whole world. Dean Winchester was dead.