Dean (Mom reader)- A Witch Hunt Part 3

A plan was put into motion. A plan that would take time. The trio was kind enough to let Y/N and Lola stay, and even help them get back on their feet when this whole mess was over. The single mother was grateful. Grateful and exhausted, though try as she may she couldn't sleep. She had opted to stay in the same room as Lola, feeling more comfortable being close to her.

A glance at the digital clock on the night stand told her it was three thirty two in the morning. A long heavy sigh escaped her lips as she stood and ran a hand down her face. This was a lot. Too much. The thoughts in her head echoed loudly through each crevice of her mind, burning nagging holes within her brain.

"Fuck,"

She slowly stood and crept out of the room. She was antsy. She couldn't seem to be still.

She tip toed into the kitchen and poured herself another glass of whiskey to ease her nerves.

The burning bitter alcohol slid down her throat and pooled warmly into her belly. Her eyes closed and she set down the empty glass. Perhaps one more wouldn't hurt.

Y/N was about to pour her another glass when a voice startled her

"You couldn't sleep either huh?"

She turned to see Dean standing in the hallway. He looked awake and alert, much more alert than anyone should ever look at three am.

"No...Too much to think about I guess," She supplied and grabbed a second glass, motioning to the bottle of whiskey "Care to join me?"

Dean hummed softly "Well since you're offering," He teased and made his way over.

Y/N smiled softly and poured him a glass, and herself a second, pulling out a chair for him to sit with her. "I'm a gentlemen when I wanna be," She joked.

Dean chuckled "I guess you are," He agreed and took his seat, raising his glass "To you and Lola," He clinked his glass with Y/N's before taking a sip.

Y/N felt her heart warm at the simple, yet kind gesture. "And to you Sam and Castiel. Without you three I...Well...I'd rather not think of what that would mean for us," She said and took a sip of her own drink as well.

Dean hummed a bit, his brows pulling together slightly. "Yea. We don't gotta think 'bout that shit," He agreed.

A blanket of silence fell upon the room as the couple sat and drank in comfortable quiet. There was so much both of them wished to say, and yet nothing at all seemed more fitting within the current circumstances.

Y/N's eyes slip closed and she took a deep breath, reaching inside of herself for her magic. She cupped her hands together and closed her eyes muttering a soft enchantment. Her hands raised and she opened them, hundreds of glowing butterflies leaving her hold and dancing around the room, casting their light upon everything in their wake.

Dean, who had been watching intently, was surprised. His eyes widened as he watched the magic bloom. He'd never seen it used to create beauty like this before. The more he let himself watch the more at peace he felt.

Y/N had a smile upon her features as she watched her creations fly. One landed upon Dean's nose and the man went cross eyed for a split second to study it before it flew off. A laugh left the witch's throat.

The hunter scowled at her, but couldn't stop his own lips from quirking upwards.

"Papilionem in lumine,"

"Bless you,"

Y/N snorted "No. It's latin for Butterfly in the light," She explained. "I created this spell to bring a sense of peace and hope to those who are around them," Y/N continued and reached up gently touch one of the butterflies.

Dean took a moment to just watch her. "You created this?" He asked, a breath of wonder to his tone.

Y/N nodded "More for Lola when we first parted from the coven. So she wouldn't be scared," she said and chewed her lip. "And I guess a little for myself too,"

"You're a good mother,"

The comment caught her off guard and she looked at Dean earnestly. "I...Thank you," She mumbled, glancing in the direction of her daughters room. "I do the best I can. Sometimes I feel like it's not enough so...Hearing that helps,"

Dean finished his glass of whiskey and poured himself another. "Good. And I mean it. She's a good kid too. Strong,"

Y/N hummed in agreement. "She's very resilient that's for sure," She confirmed.

"You are too. Going what you've been through and not losing yourself to it...That's something," Dean continued, watching her with sincerity.

Y/N lowered her gaze. "I just...Having the people you trust...Your own family turn against you...I spent years...Decades with them," She swallowed back the lump in her throat. "I-feel so much. I feel angry, betrayed, hurt, scared and-and confused," She choked out.

Dean was suddenly kneeling by her chair and putting his hand on top of hers. "Look at me Y/N," He spoke.

The witch took a deep breath and lifted her gaze from her lap to meet his eyes.

"I know this is hard. It fucking sucks. I can't say I know exactly what you're feeling, but I've been in similar situations. I want you to know Sammy Cas and I have your back okay? As an old friend used to say...Family don't end in blood,"

Tears gathered in Y/N's eyes and she flipped her hand to hold Dean's giving it a squeeze. "Thank you. Thank you so much I-"

The moment was ruined by a burning sensation that suddenly flared within Y/N's chest. She gasped and choked on air, a pained sound escaping her. "F-Fuck Dean..." She let out a cry.

Dean was instantly on alert, keeping her sitting upright "Y/N?! What's going on?" He asked quickly.

"T-The coven-" She choked out "They've given up trying to-to find us p-physically...They-" She coughed, a bloody black substance bubbling from her lips. "They're usin-using blood magic,"

"Sammy! Cas!" Dean hollered.

Within moments the two others had run into view, eyes wild and looking for danger. "Dean? What is it?!" Sam asked, when he spotted Y/N.

"Oh shit,"

He and Cas rushed over as Y/N wheezed. "S-Someone..P-please check on-on my baby," She begged.

Y/N knew the coven could easily use this blood magic on her. Every member of the coven was connected by a blood pact, except for Lola. She wasn't old enough to do that yet, so she was likely safe, but Y/N wanted to be 100% sure.

Sam was the one who rushed to Lola's room while Cas kneelt beside Dean, watching her with concern. "What is happening? What does this do? How do we stop it?" He spoke all in one breath, eyes darting from Dean to Y/N

"I don't know!" He said on the verge of panic.

Y/N choked on her breath and would have fallen out of her chair if it weren't for Dean's hold on her. She wheezed and grabbed her empty glass of whiskey and smashed it onto the ground, the shards sliding against the floor. She grabbed a chunk of it and sliced her finger, using the blood to shakily draw a symbol onto the floor. She quickly began to mumble a spell, and slammed her hand down on the center of the mark she'd made, feeling a light pulsate from her hand.

Dean and Cas jumped back, and when the light faded Y/N slumped and panted. "Boys...I think we're going to-to have to speed up our plan a bit."