Gabriel-If you fall...

I sat on the highest branch that could support my weight, watching as my feet dangled about thirty feet above the forest floor. A smile crawled onto my face as I felt the cool breeze rush through my hair, and ruffle my clothes. It was so peaceful out here. I felt like I could just sit here for hours, and never get bored.

“I thought I might find you here,” I jumped slightly, and turned to see my best friend, who happened to be an Archangel, right next to me. I sighed, relieved it was just him, and sent him a playful glare. “You scared me,” I pouted. Gabriel laughed, the sound making me smile. “That was kind of the intention,” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, and hooked my legs around the branch, leaning back so I was hanging by my legs. “Y/N, don't do that,” Gabriel muttered. I laughed. “Aw is Gabe worried about me?” I teased. “Yes. You're human, so if you fall from this height, that won't feel very good,” He said. “Yes but I know if I fall you'll catch me right?”

Gabriel didn't answer for a moment, and I looked up to see he wasn't there anymore, but two seconds later, he poofed back next to me, holding a basket filled with candy. I chuckled. “Really?” I asked. “What? I almost forgot I had this, and I don't wanna let it go to waste!” He said, grabbing a lollipop and putting it in his mouth.

I watched as his golden eyes sparkled in the light of the mid-day sun. “Well give me one!” I said, and swung myself back up, so I was once again seated on the branch. Gabriel smiled, and handed me a sucker, which I greedily plopped into my mouth. “So watcha doing out here all by your lonesome?” Gabriel asked, raising an eyebrow.

I took out my lollipop, and shrugged. “Dunno...I guess I just needed time away from the Winchesters,” I said. “What did they do this time?” Gabe asked, tilting his head. “Well they didn't do anything to me, but they keep arguing between themselves, and it's getting kind of annoying,” I sighed, taking another lick from my lollipop.

“Boys will be boys,” Gabe huffed. I snorted. “Yea. You're lucky you're not a girl or a boy...Only a...What was it? Wave length of celestial energy?” I chuckled. Gabriel snickered. “That's what I said when we first met wasn't it?” I nodded. “When I accused you of checking my ass out like all other men who are pigs, you said you weren't a man, but a-” Gabe cut me off finishing my sentence. “Wave length of celestial energy...Good times,” He laughed.

I smiled back. “I can't believe it's only been three years since we met... It feels like so much longer,” I muttered, shifting my gaze to the leaves on the tree branches, that rustled in the wind. “I'm surprised you actually wanted to spend time with me,” Gabriel said, and I turned to see him smiling, but it seemed he was a bit off.

“What do you mean? Why wouldn't I?” I asked, shifting to face him. “Well...I'm annoying...I play way to many pranks on people...The Winchester's hate me, and you're their cousin...I'm loud...Self obsessed, and not to mention the time I killed dean over a thousand times,” He ranted, finishing off the lollipop and unwrapping a candy bar.

I gave him my best bitch face. “Gabe. Please. I'm just as annoying, and prank driven as you are,” A more genuine smile crawled onto Gabe's lips. “Ok...That's kinda true,” He spoke. “Remember that time you put blue hair dye in Dean's shampoo?” He chuckled. I laughed with him. “Of course I do! Man he was so pissed!”

“And the other time you managed to somehow glue Sam's ass to the toilet seat?” I laughed even harder, still remembering that amazing prank. “Oh that was priceless! He was screaming at me from the bathroom, and I couldn't stop laughing!” I breathed. Gabe nodded. “And then I came, and had to help him with my special angel powers,” he joked.

I managed to calm down, and smile at Gabe, who grinned back. I was so focused on Gabriel, I didn't realize I was leaning on an un sturdy branch, until it snapped. I gasped, and shrieked as I fell back. Before I hit the ground, I felt someone catch me. I gasped, and grabbed onto their chest. “Of course I'll catch you if you fall Y/N,” Gabriel's voice spoke.

 I looked up, my eyes wide, to see Gabriel giving me a half smile. Without a moment's hesitation, I pressed my lips to his, and the best part was, he kissed back.