Double girl power-Jo Harvelle

Joand I were bar tending tonight. The two of us had to keep an eye onthe Roadhouse while Ellen recovered from a cold and Ash was...Well noone ever knew what the hell Ash ever did. It was closing time and Joand I were ushering the last of the costumers out of the pub. I hateddealing with druks. They hit on everything with legs, and they reekedof whatever liquor they had just poisoned themselves with.

"Alrightgo on!" I snapped, and pushed the remaining people out, closing thedoor and locking it behind them. I sighed, and ran a hand through myhair, rolling my eyes. "Idiots," I found myself mumbling as Iwalked to the back door to see how Jo was doing. This was a routinewe had each night. She shoved people out the back, while I had thefront.

"Jo?"I called, and looked out the exit to the back. I got no answer, andmy gut twisted nervously. "Jo?" I tried again, stepping out andlooking around. That's when I heard a muffled scream. I knew thatvoice anywhere. Instantly, my hunter instincts kicked in, andadrenaline pumped through my veins as I raced towards the sound.

"Jo!"I yelled, once I rounded the corner and saw three large drunksshoving her around and laughing. Rage built within me, and I chargedforward, kicking one of them off her, and punching another in thetemple, knocking him out cold. The third guy growled at me and took aswing, but I ducked and tackled him to the ground.

"Y/N!"I heard Jo scream, as the man and I tumbled on the gravely road. Icould feel the tiny pebbles digging into my skin as I fought him,managing to roll on top of him and pin him to the ground, giving afew good punches before I felt myself getting pulled off and thrownto the side by the man I had kicked.

"Getoff her!" Jo yelled, and kicked the ass holes back, causing him toyelp, then turn and roughly grab her by the throat. My eyes widenedand I sprung to my feet, my heart hammering against my rib cage as Ithrew myself on top of him, managing to get him off of my bestfriend, who fell to the cold cement, coughing and clawing at herthroat.

Iclimbed myself up the man's waist, then wrapped my legs around hisneck, and flip myself backwards, the drunk hitting the ground with aloud whack. I tumbled to the side, and balanced myself, breathingheavily. That's when I heard a shuffling noise behind me. I spunaroud just in time to get punched in the face.

Igasped in pain and fell to the side, gripping my bloody now brokennose. "Son of a bitch!" I cursed, and swiped my leg, knocking thebafoon down, and giving him a hard kick on the head, leaving himknocked out just like the rest of his goonies. I blinked a few times,and quickly turned to Jo who was breathing heavily, still on theground.

Irushed to her side, worry suddenly consuming my rage. "Jo? Blondyyou ok?" I asked worriedly, using the nickname I had given her afew years back when we first met. She looked up at me with those bighazel eyes, a red mark already beginning to form around her neck."I-I...You're hurt," She rasped, seeing the blood on my face.

Ishook my head. "No no I'll be fine ok? Come on lets get youinside," I spoke and helped her to her feet, walking her into thebar, then locking the door behind me. She sniffled and rubbed herneck, while I grabbed the first aid kit and began to fix up thescrapes she had gotten along her arms from the hard ground.

Jolooked at my nose, and followed with her eyes as the droplets fell."Y/N," She spoke softly, leaning over the table and grabbing afew napkins, beginning to dab my nose gently. I found my eyesfloating to her porcelain skin, scanning her face to see a look ofconcentration on her features. "Jo you don't have to-" She cut meoff.

"Stop.Accept help for once in your life," She said sternly, and I held mytongue, continuing to fix her up until there was nothing else I coulddo. Meanwhile, Jo continued to take care of my nose, wiping off allthe blood then frowning. "Y/N...this is going to hurt," She said,and without warning, grabbed my nose and twisted it.

Igasped and cried out, tears springing to my eyes. My nose had alwaysbeen very sensitive. "Son of a bitch!" I exclaimed, Jo grimacing."Sorry..." I took a breath and realized the ache of pain that hadbeen living in my nose, had gone down to a dull throb."Wow...Thanks," I said, looking at Jo who smiled softly. "Noproblem,"

Itook a seat next to her and sighed. "I think I need a drink," Imumbled. "Agreed," Jo said, and the two of us made a bee-line forthe alcohol. I poured us both a glass of whiskey, and sighed. "Yousure you're ok?" I spoke before taking a sip of the bitter fluid."Yea you?" She questioned, looking slightly concerned.

"Neverbetter," I said sarcastically, and she gave a dry chuckle. We satin silence for a second, just drinking, and stealing glances at eachother. "That's it," Jo said, and I frowned. "What's i-" I wascut off by a pair of soft pink lips attaching themselves to my own.My eyes widened in surprise and my heart nearly flew out of my chest,but I responded instantly, arms wrapping around her neck.

Aftera few moments the two of us pulled away breathlessly, our foreheadspressing together.

"Bed?

 "Bed,"