To the Opera-Winchester bros pt. 1

(Quick starter note, in this one shot, there is no romantic involvement, it's just the Winchester's and their third sibling, you!)

"I can't believe I let you drag me to this," Dean grumbled miserably. Sam rolled his eyes at his immature brother. "Dean, shut up. I haven't been to an opera since I was at Stanford. I didn't think I'd like it either, but it was incredible," Sam spoke, and took his seat, struggling to make room for his long lanky legs.

Dean sighed dramatically and plopped himself in the seat beside his younger brother. "Well don't be too shocked when I fall asleep from boredom," He huffed, and crossed his arms childishly. Sam bitchfaced his brother. "Dean-" He sighed, and gave up. "Y/N wouldn't complain," he eventually fired back.

Y/N was the youngest Winchester sibling, who was currently suffering from a cold at home, which meant no hunting, which also meant boredom. That boredom was what lead Sam to discover the opera show that was taking place nearby. He had eagerly gotten tickets, but Y/N, being sick, couldn't come. He ended up just dragging Dean there and promising Y/N that they'd bring dinner on the way home.

"Yea well Y/N's almost as geeky as you," Dean sassed, then looked up in alarm as the lights began to dim, and the chatter from the audience began to die down. "Shut up, it's starting," Sam hissed, sitting up straighter, and accidentally kicking the back of the seat in front of him. An angry middle aged woman turned and shot him an icy glare.

Sam gave a sheepish look. "Sorry," He whispered, and she huffed before turning her attention to the stage. The brothers did the same, and before they knew it, the show had begun. It started off with an elegantly dressed singer, stepping out to perform the opening number. There was lighting that encompassed all of their features, and a piano intro.

As soon as they began to sing, Dean's jaw dropped and he was hooked. The singer was hitting every single note perfectly, and although the song was in another language, Dean could feel everything they were portraying. It was incredible the vocal range, and power of this voice he was hearing. He couldn't stop staring.

Sam was also taken aback at how incredible this artist was. His eyes were glued on the figure and he was transfixed. He took a moment and peeked over at his brother, a smirk forming. So much for geeky opera show. Sam turned his attention back to the stage in time for the singer to reach the highest note he had ever heard live.

When the song ended, Dean was up on his feet, as were the rest of the audience members, clapping and cheering. As the opera continued, the other singers were incredible, but that first performer had left Dean and Sam both awed. The same singer was performing the grand finale now, and holy shit if Dean thought the first song was amazing, this one was pure gold.

He couldn't believe his ears. The song was all over the place, high, low, loud, soft, it was unlike anything he had ever heard, and he loved it. If Sam could hear his thoughts, he'd probably make fun of him forever, and tell him the correct terms for the sounds he was hearing. At this point though, all he cared about was the show.

This was it. Sam knew this was by far the best opera he would ever see in his life. He couldn't imagine any other that would surpass this one. When the show was over, he was certain he and Dean were cheering the loudest, which would have been embarrassing, but they were too musically empowered to care.

"Holy shit," Dean looked at Sam with big eyes. "I know!" Sam said back, his eyes just as wide. They were on the road, driving back to the bunker. "Dude, we have to bring Y/N. Let's get tickets for tomorrow too," Dean insisted, hoping Y/N would be better by then. Sam snickered at his brother. "Weren't you saying how much this would suck on the way?" He teased.

If looks could kill Sam would be six feet under. "You better shut your whore mouth," Dean snapped, and Sam just grinned. "I knew you'd like it. I knew you would," Dean parked the Impala and grumbled, hopping out, and hurrying inside. Sam chuckled, grabbing the take out they had picked up for dinner, then following after him. "Y/N! We're home! And Dean loves opera now!" Sam yelled.

"Shut the fuck up!" Dean yelled back, from somewhere in the bunker. Sam laughed and went to check on Y/N, knocking on the door. "Hey sleepy head, you up?" He asked. There was no answer, and Sam opened the door. "Y/N, come on sleeping beauty, dinner's-" He cut himself off and froze in the doorway. Y/N was nowhere to be seen.

Sam had to force himself to relax. Maybe Y/N was in the bathroom, but upon checking both restrooms in the bunker, he found nothing. "Dean!" He called, letting himself begin to panic now. Sam ran back to the kitchen where Dean was plating the food for everyone. Dean looked up, and was quickly put on edge upon seeing the expression on Sam's face.

"Whats wrong?" He quickly set the food down and went over and Sam shook his head. "I-I can't find Y/N!" Sam cried helplessly. Dean sprung into action, calling the youngest Winchester's cell multiple times, reviving no answer. "Sam call Cas!" Dean instructed, Sam nodding and fumbling for his own phone.

"Sam?" Cas' voice came from the speaker, and Sam sighed, happy to get through to him. "Cas! How quickly can you get home? I know you're busy with that demon case, but we can't find Y/N," He spat out. Cas was silent for a moment, and Sam frowned. "Cas?" He asked. There was muffled movement coming from the angel's side of the line.

"Cas what's that? Where are you? Do you know where Y/N is?" Sam asked, eager for answers. Instead of the voice he expected, he was greeted by another familiar tone. "Sammy? I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you, I...Erm....Went out...And my car died, so I called Cas for a lift...He was on his way back from his hunt so it worked out fine and we're on our way back now,"

Sam felt a wave of relief crash into him and he sank into a chair. "Jesus Y/N what were you thinking? When we got home we were so worried! You weren't here, there was no note, no phone call, nothing! And you're sick! Why did you go out? You should be in bed!" Sam knew he was ranting, but he was just so happy Y/N was ok.

"Y/N's car is gone!" Dean called, coming back into the room, presumably after checking the garage. "Dean, Y/N's fine. Here," He put the phone on speaker. "Say something, so Dean know's you aren't dead," Sam instructed. Y/N sighed over the speaker. "Dean, I'm okay, I'm sorry I wen't out, my car died, Cas saved me, and I left my phone in my room,"

"Well shit Y/N do you want to give us a heart attack??" Dean huffed, but he too was more than relieved everything was okay. "I'm sorry De. I-...Um...I'll explain when we get there ok? We'll be home soon," Y/N said, and hung up. Dean and Sam exchanged confused and slightly worried looks. Why did Y/N sound so suspicious?

As soon as they arrived, the first thing the brother's noticed was how not sick Y/N looked. And was that... "Make up?" Dean asked, scrunching his nose. Y/N never wore make up. It looked like it had been mostly wiped off but there was still a few smudges here and there. Y/N blushed and glared at Dean. "Shut up," Dean glared back at that. "Okay, You better have a good explanation for this,"