Destiel-You are enough

(Hey everyone I just wanted to put a heads up, this next one shot mentions suicidal thoughts, depression, and reckless behavior! I promise it's a happy ending though. Remember to take care of yourselves and if you ever feel suicidal or depressed, talk to a professional, or someone who is a good support for you! Love you all thanks for the support!)

~~~~~~~~~

Dean laid on his bed in the bunker, nestled into the pillows, headphones over his ears and his eyes closed as he bobbed his head to the music. It floated through the wires of the device and out the small speakers. Led Zeppelins "black dog" to be exact. Dean hummed along, his foot swinging to the beat.

"Dean?" The oldest Winchester was to engrossed into the beauty that is classic rock, to hear his best friend. "Dean?" Castiel called again, eyes scanning the main room of the bunker. He had just returned from picking up groceries, which proved to be slightly more difficult than he anticipated, as half the things on Dean's list he had never heard of.

When Castiel didn't receive an answer, he couldn't help the sliver of worry that creeped its way into his mind. Why wasn't Dean answering? Was Dean okay? Did he need help? Castiel mentally scolded himself for worrying so much. He knew Dean didn't want to be babied, but ever since their last hunt, Castiel's concern for the hunters well being had been put on high.

Castiel had seen Dean behave in a very odd way on their last hunt. He knew that Dean was the type of man to sacrifice himself for the ones he cared about, but it seemed almost as if he was deliberately putting himself in harms way as of late. Especially when he threw himself at the creature the were hunting, and went tumbling out down a cliff,  to the jagged rocks below

Castiel thought he had known fear before then. But he was wrong. He had never seen Dean pull a stunt so stupid, which was saying something. He understood now where the expression "My heart dropped" came from, because Castiel could have sworn his own heart did just that as he watched Dean go over the edge.

He had been frozen in shock for a split second before he screamed his hunters name, and ran towards the edge. Without so much as a second thought, he had flown to Dean, and transported him to safety on the ground below. The creature wasn't as lucky, and had impaled itself on a sharp log, meeting it's demise.

Since that incident, Dean had been even more reserved than usual, which was infuriating to both Sam and Castiel, who only wanted to help. Sam too had seen the increase in his brothers recklessness, and had spoken to him about those concerns. Castiel had agreed to speak with Dean, and that was exactly what he was about to do. If only he could find him.

The angel set the groceries down and chewed his lip, glancing around the seemingly empty bunker. "Dean," He tried again, his voice louder. He knew that Sam had gone out on a solo hunt, since they had both decided Dean wasn't ready to hop back into the world of hunting just yet. That decision had infuriated Dean to no end, resulting in a screaming match between him and Sam, that ended a rather sour note.

Castiel began to make is way down the halls of the bunker, stopping in front of Dean's room and lifting a hand to knock on the door. "Dean? Are you in there?" He asked, perhaps slightly louder than necessary. A few moments of silence passed before, shuffling was heard, and a grunt. "What?" Dean huffed.

Castiel felt himself sigh in relief, upon hearing his voice. "I've returned from running errands. I picked up the things you asked for. When you are ready, you may come collect them," Castiel spoke, wanting Dean to leave his room at least once. With that, he turned and headed back towards the kitchen, putting away the groceries.

Dean still hadn't arrived by the time he finished, and he began to lose hope, but soon, the elder Winchester came into the room, looking worn out, despite having spent what Castiel assumed to be all day in bed. "Where is it?" He grunted, and Castiel picked up the bag. "Six pack of beer...something called a Little Debbie...slim jim...Milky way...And of course extra matches, and lighters," He listed, unfamiliar with the popular snacks.