Amara-Our connection

(Just a beginning note, in this one shot, it was you who received the mark of Cain instead of Dean) 

Surrounded by it. Engulfed by the very thing that is the source of all things dark. Yet I wasn't afraid. I was intrigued. Something pulled at me. Hooked in deep inside, and tugged me forward. Then a voice, commanding, and strong. The voice of a woman. "Y/N," I turned, and came face to face with a figure. She wore a simple black dress, her light brown hair falling down her shoulders in waves, and her deep cacao eyes locked with mine.

"What's going on here?" I demanded, swallowing back a feeling of nervousness. "You. You freed me," She stepped towards me with such elegance that she seemed regal. "Well now that you've said your thanks lets talk about what happens next," I continued watching her, keeping my guard up. To my surprise, a soft, almost sweet smile appeared over her face.

"I like it here. With you. I haven't felt this peaceful in a long, long time," She continued. I was confused, and for some reason the attraction I felt for her kept growing stronger and stronger. I tried to fight it. "We'll let's get somethign straight. I'm not here to bring you peace. I know what you are," I said, setting my eyes.

A look of surprise passed over her face. "Really? I've been gone so long I didn't think anyone remembered," I scoffed. "Well death painted a hell of a picture," Her brows pulled together. "I don't know this...Death," She mumbled, thoughtfully. "And he doesn't know me," I licked my lips, thinking about my brothers. What would they have me do?

"So are you saying I shouldn't try and kill you right now?" Her lips quirked in amusement. "Am I saying that?" Again, she moved closer to me, until we were inches apart. "Or are you?" She challenged. I gulped, and eyed this woman before me. The Darkness. "If you're as bad as they say you are, then why haven't you hurt me?"

"For the same reason that you'll never hurt me," She said, and moved the fabric of her dress to reveal the mark of Cain on her chest. My eyes widened, and I exhaled in disbelief. "We're bound Y/N. We'll always be bound. You helped me. I helped you. And no matter Where I am...Who I am...We will always help each other,"

As she spoke, she kept inching closer to me, until our lips were nearly touching. My heart was beating wildly and it was as if I had no control of myself. As if bearing the mark had somehow connected us. Maybe she was right. Maybe we were meant to be connected. But after everything my brothers and I had heard about her...I was wary. This woman before me didn't match the description. And no matter how hard I tried, I didn't want to kill her.

"You don't have to fight it," She said softly, and brought a hand to cup my cheek. Her touch wasn't cold, as I expected. It was warm. Almost comforting. "It was meant to be Y/N. You and me," She whispered, and leaned forward, pressing her equally warm lips to mine. I forgot how to breathe for a moment, but as soon as my soul re entered my body, I found myself kissing back.

Our lips moved together as one, and her other hand rested on my waist. I dropped the knife I held and found my hands wrapped around her torso. As soon as the kiss began, it had ended. "I will not harm you Y/N. Ever," She spoke. I could do little but nod. "And I ask for nothing in return," She finished.

"Why? Because of this...Connection?" I asked. She nodded. "It was fate that brought you to me. It was always going to be you to free me. Never your brother. Dean wasn't as strong as you. You, taking the mark at the last second, you becoming a demon, you, freeing me, and becoming yourself again. It was destined. It had to be you. You are the strongest, the most courageous, the most humble. No one else would have been right,"

I was struck dumb. I'd never thought of myself that way before. It was strange to hear someone speak of me with such vehemence. And yet I found myself relishing in the feeling. She made me feel special, and I knew then that she was right. We were connected. "I'll help you. However I can," I agreed.

A soft smile spread across her face, it's genuineness catching me off guard. "I'll see you soon," She promised, and with a blink of an eye, she was gone.