John Winchester- Winchesters song (Part 1)

John Winchester was a name to be feared in the world of hunting. A name that would cause any monster to cringe, and any other hunter to awe in admiration. He was a strong man with the will power to do anything. Some say he was rude, unkind and cold hearted, but I knew that was simply not true. He may put on a mask in front of others, but let's just say I've whipped him into shape. I was one of the first hunters he ever met. 

We met in january of 1984. I found him in a library, reading lore books. The man looked exhausted and he wasn't alone. He had two little boys with him. One five year old, and one nine month old baby. I had spotted him as soon as I entered the building, and from that moment our eyes met, I knew I had to help him 

February 17th 1984

I rushed into the library, my coat wrapped tightly around my body. I felt my nose tingling as the cold air changed to warm. I sighed in relief. Escaping the cold was almost worse than escaping the clutches of a wendigo. Almost. I ran a hand through my hair and stomped the snow off my boots, wandering into the small building. 

"Y/N, good to see you as always," The librarian greeted me from his position at his desk, flashing me a warm smile. He and I were good friends since I came here quite often for research purposes, although when he asked me why I had an interest in lore and monsters, I told him I was a fiction writer and they were ideas for my stories. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled back. "Hey Jerry. Got anything new on vampires?" I asked, then quickly added. "Gotta write some...Vampire romance," I chuckled awkwardly. 

"Actually, we just got a whole new selection on monsters and mythology, just like the ones you love! They're all in section B," I grinned. "Perfect. Thanks a lot," nodding to him, I made my way over to section B and started scanning the shelves, picking out all the books on Vampires I could carry. This would come in great for the nest I was tracking. 

As soon as I was ready, I plopped my books on a table nearby, and sighed. "Here we go," I mumbled to myself. I was just about to open the first book, when I heard a soft giggling. I furrowed my brows in confusion, and looked up. The giggling sounded again, and I turned my head to see a man sitting at the table across from mine with a baby carrier at his feet. Inside was the most adorable, chubby little guy I had ever seen. 

I felt a grin spread across my face. "Well hello there," I greeted, earning a giggle from the child. The father seemed too busy attempting to stop a young boy, presumably his other son, from rushing around the table playing with his shadow. I turned my attention back to the baby who gurgled and spit up some bubbles. I giggled softly and waved. "You're just the cutest thing aren't you?" I spoke to him, and he flapped his chubby little arms in delight. 

"Dean, Dean stop that you have to sit still kiddo we're in a library," I heard the man's voice speak. "But daddy I'm bored!" The young boy complained, reluctantly plopping himself on a chair beside his father. "I know bud just hang on a little longer," The father spoke, sounding exhausted. The little boy sighed loudly, then suddenly, his eyes met mine. 

I gave him a smile, and a wave. His green eyes widened and he ducked his head beside his father, who was now concentrated on his book. I giggled a little seeing his head pop up again, eyes studying me. I made a silly face, and the boy, Dean, if I remembered correctly, gave a small laugh. "Dean hush now," his father spoke, and Dean's smile fell. 

I looked at the man, but my attention was drawn by the title of the book he read. It was a book on demons. My eyes went wide, and I snapped my head away. Could he be a hunter? A crazy one? What kind of sane person goes after demons? Especially with kids? I looked back at him, and stood, deciding I needed to know this man and maybe even help him. 

"Sir?" I stood in front of him, watching as he jumped in surprise and looked up at me. Now that I got a good look at him I could see he was quite handsome. He had big brown eyes, light stubble over his face, and smooth black hair. "Can I help you?" He asked, looking at me cautiously. "Well I couldn't help but notice the book you're reading," I whispered, lowering myself net to him. 

His eyes grew and he tensed. "What about it?" He asked stiffly, eying me warily. "It's okay. You can trust me. I'm a hunter," I said, hoping he'd understand. To my relief, he seemed to know what I meant. "You're one of them? The-the people who hunt...monsters," He murmured, and I nodded. "You seem to be new with this...See you're reading about demons. We don't mess with demons. They're... something else," 

He frowned. "That's what the other guy said...I met another one of you. He told me I should stay away from demons. But I can't. I can't because I think one of them killed her. One of them killed my wife," He growled, his hands clenching to fists. I felt a pang in my chest. The poor man suffered a loss, and was seeking revenge. 

I reached out and placed a hand over his. "Hey...I know what it's like to loose a loved one to something as foul as those creatures. But it's dangerous to go after one alone, and without much knowledge, which is what it looks like you're doing," I spoke, keeping my voice gentle. "Let me help you. I've been in the business my whole life. I can help you," 

The man looked up at me studying my face. "How do I know I can trust you?" I looked at his boys. Dean was currently making faces at his little brother who was giggling. "You lost her, but you didn't loose them. And they need their father. If you go out there alone you could get yourself killed. Who would take care of them?" I looked at him sadly, and John turned to his sons. "I..." He trailed off, watching his beautiful children with loving eyes. 

"Okay," He gave a nod, and I smiled softly, meeting his eyes once again. He then stuck out his hand, offering me a small tight smile. "I'm John. John Winchester," I smiled warmly and shook his hand. "Y/N. Y/N Singer,"