The Empty Child

Rose POV

"What's the emergency?" I came out when the TARDIS was flying like crazy to the point it was hard to walk. "Its mauve," was all the Doctor said. He was still a little angry about what I had done. Ivy and Susan had explained to me the biggest insult for any time traveler, especially a Time Lord that it is a big insult to them if you use them for your own gain and create a time loop like I did. Also, I, along with others, have definitely been watching his protectiveness over Ivy increase. He obviously had a thing for her.

"Mauve?" I questioned.

"The universally recognized color for danger," Loki said.

"What happened to red?"

"That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Where it goes, we go," the Doctor explained followed by a, "Idris isn't happy about it, she would've done it anyway for some reason that I think only her and Luna know," from Ivy.

"And that's safe, is it?" I questioned.

"Totally," the Doctor said followed by, as Ivy says, the perfect timing to counteract what he just said as heard a bang, "Okay, reasonably. Should have said reasonably there. No, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us," he followed up.

"What exactly is this thing?"

"No idea," he said.

"Then why are we chasing it?" I countered.

"It's mauve and dangerous, and about thirty seconds from the center of London," was all he said.

"Nah, I just you're an adrenaline junkie," I heard from James who entered the room's portrait frame.

When we landed, we all got out seeing we were in an alleyway, "Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?"

"Five days? Or is that just when we're out of milk?" We did go through milk rather fast, all six of us use it. "Of all the species in all the Universe and it has to come out of a cow," he wrapped an arm around a tensed Ivy which got us a bit on edge but I think the Doctor and Susan knew why, I think Luna did too as she looked around, uncomfortable as she was leaning into Loki's side. "Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month," the Doctor explained. Ivy had put Teddy on Padfoot and had them go back to the TARDIS and stay there.

"A month? We were right behind it," I questioned.

"It was jumping time tracks all over the place. We're bound to be a little bit out. Do you want to drive?"

"Yeah. How much is a little?"

"A bit."

"Ish."

"What's the plan, then? Are you going to do a scan for alien tech or something?" I asked, now feeling the amused stares directed at us. "Rose, it hit the middle of London with a very loud bang. I'm going to ask," he pulled out some paper and showed me, "Doctor John Smith, Ministry of Asteroids," I read off.

"It's psychic paper. It tells you-"

"Whatever you want to tell me, I remember, and that Ivy can't read it."

"Sorry, I don't think Susan, Loki, or Luna can," the three just shook their heads.

"Not very Spock, is it, just asking," I added when he gave me a look.