Silence in the Library

Donna, the Doctor, and Ivy were in the Library. Ivy wanted to leave. Ivy wanted to drag the other two and leave. There was something in the shadows making her want to leave, but something was making her stay. "Books. People never really stop loving books," the Doctor said. "Fifty first century. By now you've got holovids, direct to brain downloads, fiction mist, but you need the smell. The smell of books, Donna, Ivy. Deep breaths," he rambles, not noticing that Donna was also looking around cautiously. "The Library. So big it doesn't need a name. Just a great big The."

"It's like a city," Donna said.

"It's Moony's wet dream," Ivy bluntly stated making the two snort.

"It's a world. Literally, a world. The whole core of the planet is the index computer. Biggest hard drive ever. And up here, every book ever written. Whole continents of Jeffrey Archer, Bridget Jones, Monty Python's Big Red Book. Brand new editions, specially printed. We're near the equator, so this must be biographies. I love biographies," the Doctor continued his rambling.

"Yeah, very you. Always a death at the end," Donna sassed, "No offense, Ivy," she said to the white haired woman.

"None taken. I'm sure I've influenced him," Ivy said.

"You need a good death," the Doctor defended.

"See?" Ivy said.

"Without death, there'd only be comedies. Dying gives us size," the Doctor continued.

Ivy turned to Donna, "How do I take that?" she asked.

"I don't know," Donna answered honestly and picks up a book, only for the Doctor to snatch it, "Way-a. Spoilers," the Doctor said.

"What?" Donna asked confused.

"Oh," Ivy realized, "these are history books too. Autobiographies and history books from your future. Wouldn't want to read ahead. Even I don't know everything at this moment, only what I need to know," she said.

"That's confusing," Donna said to her.

"It is," Ivy agreed.

"But isn't travelling with you two one big spoiler?" Donna asked.

"We try to keep companions away from major plot developments. Which, to be honest, we're very bad at, because you know what? This is the biggest library in the universe. So where is everyone? It's silent," the Doctor had noticed.

"So quiet it's loud," Ivy comments. She always hated noisy silence.

The Doctor turned around and used his screwdriver to find information on the nearby screen.

"The Library?" Donna read.

"That's the planet we're on. It's called The Library," Ivy said.

"Maybe it's a Sunday," Donna suggested.

"No, I never land on Sundays. Sundays are boring unless it's October 31st," the Doctor answered.

"Well, maybe everyone's really, really quiet," Donna said, more for herself, but she saw Ivy shaking her head.

"Ivy's right, they'd show up in the system," the Doctor said, he was also keeping in mind of Ivy becoming antsy.

"Doctor, why are we here? Really, why?" Donna asked.

"Oh, you know, just passing," the Doctor said, but both Ivy and he knew about the message that appeared on his psychic paper. It was unfamiliar hand writing, but there was a small part that looked an awful lot like Teddy's handwriting.