The Parting of the Ways

Ivy POV

"Jack, give me your vortex manipulator," I asked. He gave it to me and I set coordinates in it and gave it back, "Don't change anything or set it off, you'll know when to set it off," I told him after I slipped a note into it too. He had put it back on and then noticed something, "We've got incoming!" a missile tried to strike the TARDIS but a force field had appeared, shielding us.

"The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional force field. Try saying that when you're drunk," Jack said.

"And for my next trick," the Doctor says as he maneuvered the TARDIS to materialize around Rose and the closest Dalek. "Rose, get down! Get down, Rose!" he yelled as Jack aimed for the TARDIS with the defabricator.

"You did it," Rose hugged all of us, even Loki, although he didn't like it. "Feels like I haven't seen you guys in years."

"You got lucky. That was just a one shot wonder. Drained the gun of all its power supply. Now it's just a piece of junk," Susan said.

"You said they were extinct. How come they're still alive?" Rose asked.

"One minute they're the greatest threat in the Universe, the next minute they vanished out of time and space," Jack commented.

"They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War," the Doctor said.

"I thought it was just a legend," Jack said.

"I was there. Apparently Susan was too. The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords, with the whole of creation at stake. My people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing."

"There's thousands of them now. We could barely stop one. What're we going to do?"

"No good stood around here chin wagging. Human race, you'd gossip all day, don't deny it you're the two humans and have been talking, the others haven't. The Daleks have got the answers. Let's go meet the neighbors." The Doctor walked out with us following behind. They tried to send another beam but were stopped by the force field and backed away seeing Loki and I come out. Rose looked confused, "Why did they back away?"

"I believe they know Ivy is Death and if they attack Loki, they have Asgard after them," Luna whispered back.

"Is that is? Useless! Nul points. It's all right, come on out. That force field can hold back anything," the Doctor said.

"Almost anything," Jack stupidly commented.

"Yes, but I wasn't going to tell them that. Thanks," The Doctor sassed.

"Sorry."

The Doctor turned to the Daleks and made one of his infamous speeches, "Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek Homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might've removed all your emotions but I reckon right down deep in your DNA, there's one little spark left, and that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me? So tell me. How did you survive the Time War?"

"They survived through me," a voice belonging to the Emperor Dalek said. We saw a blue-skinned, one-eyed creature sitting on a Dalek casing as if it was its throne.

"Rose, Captain, this is the Emperor of the Daleks," the Doctor said to the two as the rest of us knew. "You destroyed us, Doctor. The Dalek race died in your inferno, but my ship survived, falling through time, crippled but alive."