Blacks and Jones

A woman named Martha Jones was walking down the street, talking to her sister (and eventually her brother), not knowing her life would change that day. In the middle of her many phone calls, a man, the Doctor, walks up to her, holding a white haired little girl, takes his tie off, "Like so," and shows it too her, "See?" he said while also pointing at the girls hair. Then he walks away with a pale woman with rainbow hair who was holding a white haired boy, being followed by a rainbow haired older boy who looked maybe six or seven and a giant black dog. Martha didn't know that another version of the small family had arrived at the Hospital she worked at where the woman's sister figure had specifically said that the man had to be the patient. Martha was almost hit by a person in full motorcycle gear barging right past her. "Oi! Watch it mate," Martha said. The figure turned to look at her before walking on, to her surprise, she gets a shock from the door knobs.

Martha goes with her group, led by Dr. Stoker, and was met with Florence, "I was all right till this morning, and then, I don't know, I woke up and I felt dizzy again. It was worse than when I came in," Florence said.

"Pulse is slightly thread. Well, let's see what Britain's finest might suggest. Any ideas, Morgenstern?" Stoker asked one of the other students.

"Dizziness can be a sign of early onset diabetes," Morgenstern nervously answered.

"Hardly early onset, if you'll forgive me, Miss Finnegan. Any more ideas? Swales?" Martha heard Stoker said, but she couldn't help but notice the black haired woman strolling past, looking an awful lot like the woman with the rainbow hair, but then the disappeared, "Jones?!" she snapped back into reality at Stoker's raised voice. "Um, we could take bloods and check for Meniere's disease," she said.

"Or we could simply ask the patients. What did you have for dinner last night?" Stoker asked Florence. Martha could hear a code being called and a time of death announced.

"I had salad."

"And the night before?"

"Salad again."

"And salad every night for the past week, contrary to my instructions. Salt deficiency, that's all. Simple, honest salt," Stoker concluded.

They were headed to the next patient when Martha saw the woman again walking ahead of them, and she had heard yet another code being called. The woman seemed annoyed by something though. Martha didn't notice before that she had also been wearing glasses. "Hippocrates himself expounded on the virtues of salt. Recommended the inhalation of steam form salt water. Though no doubt if he'd been afflicted with my students, results might have been rather more colorful," Stoker said. The group entered the next room, where Martha was surprised to find the woman sitting with a black dog, next to a familiar man who was holding two slightly scared looking children while looking like he really did not want to be there and looking at the group of doctors with cautious eyes, with a black haired girl and a black haired boy by his sides tucked under his arms, looking like the white haired children she saw earlier. Just like earlier, a an older boy was sitting next to the woman. The woman seemed to be looking over Stoker's shoulder at something and it scared the two kids a little bit.

"Now then, Mister Black," Stoker started and Martha thought she saw the dog's ears perk up, "a very good morning to you and your wife. How are you today? Seem to be having some anxious children," Stoker said motioning to the two children who were holding on tighter to their dad. The truth was, Eilam and Elysium, the little children knew someone was going to hear their dad's hearts beat, and they were worried, they knew their mom was worried, but they trusted Aunt Luna. Eilam and Elysium also wore small pairs of glasses, they didn't like wearing them but their mom had warned them that there would be a lot of ghosts and death in a hospital. While they have seen many ghosts before, they took the glasses knowing their mother would wear it too, and that she had to go and do her job since she was in the area.