Army of Ghosts

Third POV

The Doctor woke up to find Ivy next to him, staring down at her stomach in shock. "Ivy? What's wrong?" she snapped out of it. "Nothing," she said and walked out. The Doctor semi shrugged it off, he was still weary because he could feel she was shocked about something. "Rose! Ready to visit your mum?" I called out.

"Yep," she said, coming out dragging a rucksack behind her. Susan and Jack also walked out with Ivy following with Teddy and Padfoot on her heels. They both seemed to sense something off with her too. Luna popped into the room, "Some things will go down and Ivy needs me, I will stay out of danger," she told me, "And make sure Ivy and Teddy are out danger too," she added as the Doctor now looked at Ivy again who was staring at Susan with wide eyes.

"Mum, it's us! We're back!" Rose called.

"Oh, I don't know why you bother with that phone. You never use it!" Jackie complained.

"Shut up, come here!" Rose said cheerfully.

"Oh, I love you!" Jackie said.

"I love you!"

"I love you so much!" they heard Jackie say again before walking in. Ivy seemed be directly avoiding Jackie while Susan seemed also surprised about something. "Oh no, you don't. Come here!" Jackie caught the Doctor and gave him a big ole kiss in the cheek. "Oh, you lovely big fella! Oh, you're all mine now, not Ivy's," she teased. She saw Ivy had her arms across her stomach and Padfoot standing protectively in front of her and understood.

"Just, just, just, put me down," the Doctor whined. Jackie was giving a questioning look to Ivy and directing her eyes to the Doctor, who she was still hugging, and soon as she saw a shake of her head, she let go.

After Rose had told her mother about the bazoolium, it hit a certain time and Jackie interrupted her daughter, "Listen, there is this thing that I have been questioning, the same hour every day, your granddad Prentice shows up, he's been dead and I don't think a ghost just appears like that," she said to Rose but directed the last bit towards Ivy. "It should be any second now," she informed them. A humanoid shape appears and Jackie points out, "That's him."

Everyone looked at Ivy and she shook her head as Padfoot got into a protective stance in front of her. Some of the group ran outside, "They're everywhere!" the Doctor said. He noticed that nobody seemed to be bothered by it, and got to feel what it felt like to go through one, not comfortable.

"They haven't got long. Midday shift only lasts a couple of minutes. They're about to fade," Jackie said.

"What do you mean, shift? Since when did fake ghosts have shifts? Since when did shifts have fake ghosts? What's going on?" the Doctor was rambling, clueless as to what was going on.

"Oh, he's not happy when I know more than him, is he?" Jackie asked an amused Ivy.

"No, but he looks adorable," Ivy gushed.

"But no one's running or screaming or freaking out," The Doctor continued.

"Because I am assuming they are seeing dead loved ones," Jackie responded loudly before turning back to me, "How long?"

"I can see the start of life forms, so I am very early," Ivy told her. Padfoot, finally realizing why he was feeling even more protective looked up at his goddaughter with shocked eyes, "wonder what my dad's reaction is going to be if my godfather's is anything to go by," she adds while Jackie tries to hide her laughter, she already figured she hadn't told the Doctor yet.