Fear Her

(Skipping Love and Monsters)

The Doctor POV

"Theta?" Ivy spoke softly, yes I told her my name and my academy name. We had been in bed when she went into a daze, talking to Death who came to life in her shadow next to her. I was getting out of the bed and getting ready when she had called me, "Hmm?"

"There is people going missing, into another dimension, it's alien related," she told me. She was still curled up in bed, we had been there for a while, after we dropped off Loki and Luna. Loki had gone to his full size again but had still been blue, we had dropped them off with Odin and Freya waiting for them to escort their blue child back into the castle so he could finish recovering. I, in a way, pretty much kept Ivy hostage in my room because after knowing that thing would have been after Ivy if it learned she was there, I was a bit more possessive at the moment. "What date?" I asked. She told me the date and we left the room, Teddy (who was walking on his own a lot more) and Padfoot following behind.

"Where we going?" Rose asked, coming out of her room. I sensed the look she was giving Ivy and I knew Ivy sensed it too. "2012" I said simply. I landed and opened the door to realize that the TARDIS parked on the wrong wide as I came face to face with a cargo container. I heard four different sets of laughter, Ivy's out loud giggle, Teddy's child like giggle, Padfoot's bark like laughter in my head along with a slightly crazy laughter that I knew belonged to Idris. "Ah," I said in realization and turned around and walked right back in and rotated us 90 degrees. I opened the door again, "Ah!" this time now truly seeing where we landed.

"So, near future, yeah?" Rose said poking her head out.

"Yeah," Ivy and I said.

"Thirtieth Olympiad," I said.

"No way! Why didn't I think of this? That's great," Rose said.

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about, wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood around baying. No, wait a minute, that was Club Med. Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony, tonight, I thought you'd might like that. Last one they had in London was dynamite. Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back with Ivy and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch. Lovely chap, what was his?" I trailed off thinking of the name, I was trying to get Rose distracted so Ivy and I could take care of this, "Mark, John, Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as whippet," I said looking at the man I was referring too, 'Gee, sounds familiar,' Padfoot said, looking right at me.

"Doctor," Rose called.

"And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go to," I continued, I know she spotted something, I really wish he hadn't though.

"Doctor!" she repeated louder.

"Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunchy ball bearings on top?" I asked her, "You should really look at this," Rose said.

"Do you know those things? Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius," I continued.

"I don't think she's going to give it up, but nice try," Ivy said, patting my shoulder and we made our way over to Rose who was looking at a couple missing people posters, "What's taking them, do you think? Snatching children form a thoroughly ordinary street like this. Why's it so cold? Is someone reducing the temperature?" I observed around us.

"It says they all went missing this week. Why would a person do something like this?" Rose spoke, looking around us this time.

"What makes you think it's a person?" I asked as Ivy now looks around.