Chapter 66

Blair sat on Jason's bed, her nose in a book while he sat next to her, focused on whatever game he was playing on his Xbox

Blair sat on Jason's bed, her nose in a book while he sat next to her, focused on whatever game he was playing on his Xbox. She casually flipped the page, shaking her head when Jason fell flat against his pillows, "Fucking hell."

"Maybe if you focused more on the overall goal instead of your kill count, you'd actually win that one day." She offered, knowing exactly how he played the game. It was how she managed to beat him every time she actually played against him.

"Says the girl who hasn't even looked up from her book since she walked in." Jason narrowed his eyes in her direction, watching as she shrugged, still not looking up from her book. "How would you know that's what I'm doing?"

Blair laughed quietly, flipping the page, "Because it's what you always do."

Jason tossed the controller at the foot of the bed, propping his chin up on Blair's shoulder to study the book she was reading. The action didn't bother her at all as she just continued to read until the page needed to be turned. Jason sighed, flopping back on his own pillow, "Instead of carrying knives, you should just carry Lady Midnight. It's big enough to do some damage."

"You want to test that theory out?" She asked, finally looking up at him in amusement.

"On me? Nah." He shook his head, pretending to think on it. "We could always test it out on River though."

Blair laughed, sticking her bookmark in the pages before closing it, "Why River?"

Jason shrugged, grinning at her laugh, "He's our only option!"

Blair hit him in the shoulder with her book, laughing as he threw up his hands in defense. He grabbed the book in her hands, stopping her from hitting him any further when Alfred clears his throat from the open door. Blair looked over her shoulder, letting go of the book while Jason crashed to the floor from tugging on it too hard, "Hi Alfred."

"Miss Blair, your uncle is downstairs." Alfred said, shaking his head in amusement as Jason picked himself up off the floor.

Blair sighed, tossing her book beside the game controller at the foot of the bed. Jason shrugged, reaching for the controller before she took it out of his reach, "I don't know what you think you're doing mister. He's going to want to see you too."

"Oh no thanks." He said quickly, shaking his head. "I choose life." Blair crossed her arms, giving him a stern look. "What? It's no secret that he doesn't fucking like me."

"And? I love you anyway." She walked around to the other side of the bed, pulling him to the door by the arm. "Come on. Just get it done and over with."

Jason groaned, but allowed her to drag him out of his room. When they had gotten a good enough distance away from his door, closer to the stairs, she let go of him. He debated on running back to his room, weighing the different outcomes of the idea. With his luck, he wouldn't make it three feet before Blair attacked him. This was just going to have to happen.