Chapter 52

Blair stared at the building in front of her as Dick parked the car

Blair stared at the building in front of her as Dick parked the car. If someone would have told her that she would be tracking down a kidnapper and possible murderer to Scooter's Roller Skating Rink a week ago, she would've laughed— but then again, she lived in Gotham where she had plenty of showdowns with psychos in abandoned toy stores.

Dick unbuckled his seatbelt, looking over at her while she studied the building and it's parking lot, "If I tell you to wait here, will you?"

"You want me to wait in the car while you go into a roller rink and confront a possible murderer?" Blair raised an eyebrow, unbuckling her own seatbelt at the same time.

"I take that as a no." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as she nodded, throwing the seatbelt back, "You're damn right it's a no."

"Fine, can you give me a bit of a head start then?" Blair looked at him in disbelief. Dick met her gaze, shaking his head. "I have to go in there as Detective Dick Grayson. I can't exactly pull that off with my little sister with me can I?"

"You did at the gas station." She pointed out, crossing her arms stubbornly. Dick gave her a warning look, silently arguing with her until she huffed, slouching in her seat. "Fine, five minutes and then I'm coming in."

"Thank you."

"Starting now. 4:59, 4:58-" Dick quickly got out of the car, jogging into the building, the doors closing behind him.

Blair kicked her feet up on the dashboard, looking around at the parking lot before taking her phone out of her jacket pocket. She touched the screen, staring at the picture she had for her lock screen: her on Jason's back, both of them laughing at some ridiculous joke he had made. Kara had taken the picture on one of the days she had stopped by for a visit just a few months ago.

The longer she stared at the picture, the more she missed Jason. It was like she was homesick, but not for home. Sighing, she unlocked her phone, only to see yet another picture of her and Jason, only this time, Kate was with them. She tried to ignore the picture, focusing instead on the five texts and one voicemail message from the boy himself.

Instead of listening to the voicemail she knew would kill her, Blair locked her phone, shoving it in her pocket again. She waited a few more seconds in the silent car, twisting the music note ring on her finger, her patience finally wearing thin as she took her feet off the dash, "Fuck this."

Blair got out of the car, walking straight into the building, not caring that it hadn't been five minutes yet. She just couldn't sit in that car by herself any longer.

She pushed her way through the crowd, her eyes landing on Dick talking with the mystery woman from the security footage just a few feet away, his back towards her. Blair made her way over to them, watching as the woman nodded her head in her direction. Dick turned to look over his shoulder, giving Blair an exasperated look as she walked up beside him.