Chapter 54

Dick pulled the car up to a house in the middle of nowhere, only noticeable by the porch light that illuminated the front lawn

Dick pulled the car up to a house in the middle of nowhere, only noticeable by the porch light that illuminated the front lawn. Every part of Blair felt like this was a bad idea, though she couldn't explain why.

She sat up straight as Dick turned the car off, "Can we get out of the car with you this time?"

Dick looked back at Kory before looking back at her, "Yeah, I might need you."

"Might?" Blair snorted.

"I do need you, okay." Dick shook his head, giving her an exasperated look. "Better?"

Blair pursed her lips thoughtfully, "Mm getting there."

Kory opened the car door, moving the seat up as she got out, holding the door open for Blair to climb out. The minute her feet hit the ground, she joined Dick in walking up to the house, Kory following just a few steps behind.

She stayed a few steps back with Kory as Dick moved to knock on the door, shifting anxiously on her feet. They were all running on the need to find Rachel and every second that passed by, Blair could feel the tension grow stronger. The door opened, a man leaning against it with an annoyed expression on his face, "What do you want?"

Dick flashed his badge once again, Blair resisting the urge to snort. With the amount of times he had flashed his stupid badge, she was surprised it still worked, "Need to talk to you about the girl you saw in the forest."

The man studied the badge for a minute before shrugging, clearly not in the mood for their questioning, "What?"

"Did she say anything?" Dick started, shoving the badge back into his pocket. "Did you see where she went?"

"You know, I already talked to the cops, so you can fuck off." Blair bristled at the man's tone, moving to give him a piece of her mind when Kory threw her arm out in front of her to keep her in place. He started to close the door as Dick through his entire body against it to keep it from shutting. "Hey! You can't do that!"

"I'm gonna need you to answer my questions." Dick snapped, not moving away from the door.

"You better back off." The hunter warned, reaching behind the door, letting go of it long enough for Dick to push it open, only to find a shotgun aimed at his face.

Blair jumped back as Dick immediately grabbed the gun, throwing the man into the house, "Shit."

The man landed on the floor, Dick tossing the gun in her direction. She caught it with ease, staring down at it in disbelief, "I don't- I don't mess with guns!"