Chapter 14

Blair walked back into the cave, all the paint washed off her face, surprised to see Jason training by himself in the corner with the dummies and targets

Blair walked back into the cave, all the paint washed off her face, surprised to see Jason training by himself in the corner with the dummies and targets. She knew he was eager to start training in the suit, she just wasn't expecting him to start so soon with almost perfect form.

"We need to speed up your changing time, but other than that, you seem to somehow have a knack for training in the suit already." Blair walked over to the corner.

Jason stopped sparring to take a breath, "How long does it usually take you?"

"I'm not sure, I've never actually timed myself." She admitted, looking to Alfred for an answer. If anyone knew how long it took her and Bruce to change into their suits, it would be him.

"The longest it's taken you was ten minutes with that back injury you tried hiding from the attack with Mr. Freeze." Alfred gave her a knowing look. "The average is 4.5 minutes."

Blair turned back to face Jason, "What he said."

Jason crossed his arms, giving her a small smirk, "Prove it."

Blair matched his stance, "You just want me to change into my suit so you can fight me in it."

"What can I say? I was hoping to make this a fair fight." He shrugged.

From behind her, Alfred let out a laugh. She turned around to give him a look of amused disbelief before turning back to Jason, "Todd, I can knock you on your ass in my pajamas, half asleep. A fight between you and me will never be fair."

Jason looked at her, smirk still on his face with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Then you have nothing to worry about. Come on, make this interesting."

Blair studied Jason's excited gaze, the gears in her head turning. She had to admit, training him in hand-to-hand while they were both in their suits didn't sound like a bad idea at all. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more on board she became, "Fine, at least I don't have to change before patrol tonight."

********

After training long and hard for almost two hours, most of which she spent allowing Jason to get comfortable in the suit, Blair grabbed the cape as he turned, yanking him to the ground by her feet.

"What? Why? My cape!" Jason shouted as he fell to the ground, Blair throwing the cape over his eyes.

"Yeah, uh, see, bad guys, especially Harley Quinn, use the cape to their advantage, so learn to use it against them." She lectured, holding out her hand for him to take, pulling him up off the ground.

Just as Jason had gotten to his feet, the computer system's emergency alerts sounded through the cave. Blair ran over to the computer, just as Bruce ran down the stairs, "What's happening?"