Chapter 64

For the first time in days, Blair woke up in her own bed, in her own room

For the first time in days, Blair woke up in her own bed, in her own room. She couldn't remember the last time she had gotten any sleep, especially with all the drama that she had been caught up in with Dick and her band of misfits, yet here she was, waking up earlier than planned.

She rolled over, seeing Jason asleep on the pillow next to her. She smiled to herself while she studied how peaceful he looked. He looked so relaxed and, yes, beautiful. The way she saw it, if guys could say it about girls in the books she had read, she could say it about her own damn boyfriend.

"I can feel you staring at me, you know." He mumbled suddenly, slowly opening his eyes to look at her.

Blair started laughing, causing him to flash a sleepy smile, "You ruined the cliché moment."

"I'm pretty sure that there'll be more of them." He sat up, leaning forward to kiss her when she pushed him back, "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

Jason laughed, leaning forward again anyway, "Shut up." His lips found hers as she sat up, kissing him back.

They shared just a few more seconds of bliss before her phone started to ring on the nightstand. Blair pulled away to reach for it, Jason kissing down her neck, "Ignore it."

She was tempted to listen to him, but then she remembered the most recent people she had given her number to, "It could be Gar."

Jason sighed, reaching over her to grab her phone before she could, reading the name aloud, "It's Kate."

"If I don't answer now, she'll just keep calling, you know this." Blair said, taking the phone out of his hand while he groaned, falling back into the pillows next to her. She giggled, putting the phone to her ear, "Hey, what's-"

"Get up, get dressed, I'll be there in five minutes." Kate interrupted quickly.

"What? How did you even know I was home?" She asked in surprise. Hell, she had only been home for a few hours really. "I just got in early this morning and the only person I told was my uncle."

"Who did you think was patrolling the city when Bruce went to pick you up?" She laughed in response. Blair glanced over at Jason, biting her lip to keep from laughing as he shook his head, grabbing a stray pillow to throw over his face. "So get up and get dressed. Oh, and tell Jason hi for me."

********

Blair walked down the stairs, hair swinging behind her in a messy ponytail. Kate stood in the middle of the living room, her hands in her pockets as she threw her a grin in greeting. Blair bounced over to her, throwing her arms around her in a cheerful hug. Kate hugged her back, laughing when they pulled away, "Wow, someone had a good trip."

"Well, it wasn't like I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't all bad." She admitted, pushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

Kate opened her mouth to speak when Jason came down the stairs, kissing Blair on the cheek before disappearing in the direction of the kitchen. Blair blushed as Kate turned back to face her in amusement, "Wasn't all bad, huh? Okay!"