Chapter 26

"You're leaving on Justice League business?" Jason repeated, following Bruce through the house

"You're leaving on Justice League business?" Jason repeated, following Bruce through the house. He had walked into the Batcave to see Bruce putting his suit into one of the travel cases that looked just like a briefcase and immediately started asking where he was going and what was happening.

Bruce dropped his duffel bag at his feet, turning to face Jason with a stern gaze, "Yes, I'll be back in a week. Do you think you and Blair can manage that long?"

"Manage how long and for what?" Blair's voice came from the stairs. She looked at the bag at Bruce's feet, raising an eyebrow. "Cool, where are we going and why wasn't I told so could've packed?"

"We aren't going anywhere." Bruce sighed. "I have Justice League business to take care of."

"Oh. Wish I was a part of that." Blair pouted, leaning on the banister.

"Me too." Jason agreed, moving to sit on the stairs by her legs.

Blair kicked him lightly, "I'd be a part of it first, Birdbrain. Seniority."

Bruce rolled his eyes, picking up how duffel bag from the ground and shrugging it over his shoulders, "Alfred will be here while I'm gone. And if anything else happens I'm sure you two can handle it. If you want an extra hand—"

"I'll just call Kate." Blair finished, giving him a knowing look. "Seriously, we'll be fine."

Bruce looked between her and Jason, studying their relaxed and nonchalant faces. Blair raised her eyebrows as he fixed her with a knowing gaze, "Okay, don't burn down the mansion."

Jason rolled his eyes as Blair stood up straight from the banister, her eyes bright, "Hey! Tell Aunt Diana I love her. Also I have something for you to give Barry." She ran up the stairs, leaving Jason standing on the stairs, confused as to who Aunt Diana and Barry were.

"I'm not a messenger for you and Barry!" Bruce yelled up the stairs.

"Well, maybe if you would let me go with you, you wouldn't have to be!" Her voice echoed through the house. Jason looked at Bruce, surprised to see him laughing. It was something he hadn't seen him do before. Blair ran past him, stopping right in front of Bruce, holding up one of her crescent moon shaped blades in the air.

Bruce took it out of her hand, raising an eyebrow after he studied it, "Really? You want me to give Barry one of your weapons?"

"Yeah, round out his collection." She nodded, completely serious.

"His collection."

"Yeah, I stole a Batarang since you took the one you threw at him a year ago." She admitted, crossing her arms and smiling up at him innocently.

Jason burst out laughing behind her as Bruce sighed, putting the crescent in his front pocket. Blair beamed, "Thanks, Bruce. Ask Uncle Arty how Ramone is doing please."