Chapter 19

*Trigger warning: drug abuse, panic attacks, and worst fears are in this chapter along with a brutal attack*

Blair looked through her closet, throwing an old shirt onto her bed for her to change into. She was so absorbed into her own thoughts, listening to the music pumping through her stereo speakers that she didn't even notice when Dick walked in, plopping down on her bed.

She twirled around to the beat, almost falling over when she saw him sitting there with an amused grin on his face, "Nice moves, Blair."

"Hey, Dick." She smiled awkwardly, walking over to her stereo to turn down the volume. "What are you doing here? Don't you have to train with Donna before Garth gets here?"

"Donna wanted to get some things ready for tonight, so she decided to not train today." He shrugged, reaching for the book on her nightstand. She caught a flash of the cover before he flipped it over: Anne of Green Gables. A flash of a what seemed like a memory appeared in her mind, her sitting in the Batcave with her feet propped up on the desk, a boy sitting next to her pressing all the buttons. Just as quickly as it came, it disappeared.

Shrugging her shoulders, she turned back to her closet, "That's a first. When are Hank and Dawn going to get here?"

"What? You can't spend time with just me?" Dick joker, placing a hand over his heart in mock hurt. "You wound me, Blair Luna Wilde."

Blair rolled her eyes at his dramatic outburst, "I love you, you know this, but I haven't seen Hank and Dawn since you and Dawn split up and she ended up with Hank. I miss them."

"Yeah, wait until they meet Jason." He smirked.

Random memories flashed before her eyes at the mention of his name. She was on his back in the Batcave, dumping popcorn on his head in the living room, spraying him with water in the kitchen. The words "I don't hate you" swam around in her head for a while. "Jason?"

"Uh, the guy Bruce took in like two and a half months ago? Lives across the hall? You literally just came back from going to the movies with him?" Dick reminded her, raising his eyebrow.

The memories disappeared, like they were never there to begin with, though the phrase "I don't hate you" stuck with her. She had no idea why, but she had latched onto that phrase like it was a lifeline, now it was playing like a catchy song in her head. "I know who Jason is, smartass, I just forgot that they haven't met him yet."

"How was the movies with your new best friend anyway?"

Blair cocked her head, trying to see if there was any malice in his tone, smiling when she saw there wasn't. "He's not my new best friend, he's just the first friend I've had that's my age and knows me. It's nice to have."