Chapter 3

Blair woke up the next day, turning over to see that it was no longer morning, but afternoon

Blair woke up the next day, turning over to see that it was no longer morning, but afternoon. She sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes thinking over the events of the night before. It seemed so weird to her, maybe she had dreamt the whole thing. A replacement for Dick? Only her mind would come up with something that crazy, right? Playing on her worst fears was something her brain was good at every now and then.

She felt stiff getting out of bed, remembering the hit she took into the wall the night before. Going to her mirror, she saw her tired eyes looking back at her. There was a bruise right below her eye she had to cover up before she met her uncle later for an early dinner that day. She didn't want him asking any questions

Blair left her room, closing her door behind her. The room across from her was partially open, it never was before. Blair peeked her head in, seeing a duffel bag with clothes open on the floor next to the bed and sighed loudly. So the night before wasn't just some blackout dream she had after the fight in the alleyway.

Closing the door, Blair slumped down the stairs until she reached the dining room. She walked through the doorway, rubbing her eyes and fixing her ponytail.

"Good morning Miss Blair, or should I say good afternoon?" Alfred joked, handing the tired girl a Coke.

"Haha. Very funny Alfred." Blair yawned, taking the Coke and sitting down at the table. She felt eyes on her and glanced up, meeting the gaze of Jason Todd across from her.

"Is there anything stronger than Coke, Alfred?" She groaned.

"Not for you there isn't." Alfred responded, placing a plate of spaghetti in front of her. Blair whined slightly, picking up her fork. Jason smirked into his pasta, Blair glaring at him.

At that moment, Bruce walked in, taking his place at the head of the table. Blair looked up from her food, giving Alfred a confused look before looking over at Bruce.

"Since when do you eat lunch here?"

"I can't eat lunch at my own home?" Bruce shot back, taking a bite out of his spaghetti.

"Not when you're running a company and haven't done it in years." Blair rolled her eyes. Jason looked between her and Bruce, sensing Blair's annoyance. He didn't get why she was so upset, shouldn't she be happy that Bruce came home from lunch if he hadn't done it in a while?

"Well, I am today," Bruce paused, looking up at his goddaughter. Blair nodded, taking a bite out of her spaghetti. "I want you to start training Jason today while I'm at work."

Blair started choking, Bruce patting her on the back. She glanced up at him in shock and a little bit of anger, "So that's why you're home for lunch? To tell me to start training Replacement over here? Why am I surprised?"

"Do you still want that something stronger, Miss Blair?" Alfred exclaimed, holding a bottle of whiskey in his hands.

"I'll take some," Jason answered. Alfred shook his head at the boy.