Chapter 50

Blair grabbed the duffel bag out of her closet, throwing it on her bed

Blair grabbed the duffel bag out of her closet, throwing it on her bed. Jason was asleep by the time she made it back in, still tired from the party the night before. A part of her wanted to wake him up then, but decided against it. She had paced around in her room for hours, trying to figure out what to do.

Finally, she had called her uncle to let him know that she would be taking some time away from Gotham. She missed Dick, she had said. She just wanted to spend some time with him for a little bit, to think of it like a vacation. Unsurprisingly, he was completely on board with the idea, telling her to take her time and enjoy her time away.

Blair went to her closet, throwing random shirts and jeans onto her bed before emptying her sock and underwear drawers. She looked up at herself in the mirror, a picture of her and Jason leaning against their motorcycles outside sticking in the corner of the reflective surface.

She stared at it for a few minutes, a bit of uncertainty clouding her thoughts before she grabbed her journal and started to write. It only took her a few seconds, but she wrote anyway. When she was done, she quickly ripped the page out of her journal which she threw on the bed with her clothes, then folded it up and stuck it in her pocket.

She threw open the bag, shoving all the clothes and necessities into it, not even bothering to stop and organize it like she usually did. She was halfway through filling the bag up when her phone started to ring for the third time that day. She was tempted to send it to voicemail, but saw Hank's name and picture flashing up at her, "Hank, this is not the best time."

"Blair," His broken voice came from the other end of the line, causing her to stop her mindless packing for a minute as fear sank in. "It's Dawn."

"Hank? What's happened? What's happened to Dawn? Are you okay?" She was aware that her words sounded rushed and blended together, but at that moment all she couldn't slow her speech. For a moment, no one spoke, the only sound was Hank's ragged breathing. "Hank, what happened? Talk to me, tell me where you are."

"Hospital. We're at the hospital by the apartment." He said finally, his voice slow and shaky like he was trying to hold it all in. "I can't remember the name right now, but-"

"Hey, calm down. I know where it is." She assured him, the tears she had been holding in all evening threatening to leave her eyes. She reached for the rest of the clothes on her bed, shoving them into the bag while she wiped her eyes. "I'll be there in an hour, maybe hour and a half. Everything is going to be fine."

"Blair-"

"It's okay. I'm on my way. I'll be there soon." Blair sniffed, rubbing her eyes and nose again, zipping the duffel bag and slinging it over her shoulder. "Tell Dawn to hang on for me. I'm coming. Tell her I'm coming."