Chapter 7

Blair sat at the dining room table, flipping through a book, ignoring Jason's stare

Blair sat at the dining room table, flipping through a book, ignoring Jason's stare. He had been pestering her for the past three days for various things. Why he continued, she had no idea. It wasn't like she gave him the answers he was wanting.

A few more minutes passed, Jason's gaze never leaving her as he unsuccessfully tried to gain her attention. Finally, Jason kicked Blair's chair, breaking her concentration. She looked up from her book, giving him the nastiest glare she could manage, "Oh my God, what do you want?"

"Where'd you go the other day?" Jason asked, cocking his head. Blair had said she was volunteering, but no one acted like it was a simple soup kitchen shift. In fact, everyone acted as if it was a mission of some kind, like she was walking straight into danger.

"If I didn't tell you before, what makes you think I'll tell you now?" Blair returned her eyes back to her book, despite Jason's incoherent protests. She flipped the page, trying to concentrate her attention on the book.

Jason kicked her chair again, smirking slightly. Without looking up, Blair threw her fork, barely missing his ear. The fork ended up lodged in the wall behind him.

"What the fuck was that?!?" Jason exclaimed, his hand going to his ear. Blair smirked, her eyes still on her book.

"You were bothering me." She said simply.

"Yeah, well, you missed."

"Do you want to see me try again? I don't miss." Blair warned. Jason sighed loudly, despite Blair's small giggles. She succeeded in annoying him, the tables had turned.

"As much as I'd love to test that theory—"

"Keep talking and I just might." Blair looked up from her book, smirking proudly as Jason muttered obscenities under his breath.

"What was he like?" He asked, coming to his senses. Blair tensed up, knowing exactly who Jason was referring to.

"He who? I don't know what you mean." She deflected, her eyes returning back to the book in her hand. Maybe Sherlock Holmes had a way to shut up annoying boys.

"You know who. Dick Grayson." Jason watched as Blair's hands gripped the sides of her book tightly. Her face showed no emotion towards his question, but her entire body tensed. It was something he grew used to seeing anytime Dick was mentioned in the past tense.

"I see we're starting off these death wishes early." Blair remarked, eyes never leaving her book.

"Come on. He was Robin. The Robin. You have got to have some badass stories." Jason pleaded. Blair didn't look up, only flipped the page.

"It truly is like you're asking me to hurt you." She locked her jaw, trying to keep her mind on anything other than Dick. She had done well so far, being able to talk to him at least three times a week, texting him every day, yet she still missed him more than she thought she would.