Chapter 51

Blair sat in the passenger seat of Dick's Porsche, looking out the window at the empty fields and scattered trees that flew by

Blair sat in the passenger seat of Dick's Porsche, looking out the window at the empty fields and scattered trees that flew by. They had walked out of the hospital together, Dick explaining the situation with Rachel the best that he could, not asking about the duffel bag Blair had slung over one shoulder. At least, he hadn't asked about it yet, but she knew he would eventually.

She turned away from the window, looking up at him while she drummed her fingers on her seat, "So this girl we're going to go get, Rachel... is she the same girl that you told me about the other day?"

Dick glanced over at her for a second before turning his eyes back onto the road ahead, "Yeah, she is. She's got some bad people after her-"

"Because of her powers?" According to Dick, Rachel Roth was the equivalent to a dark angel, her powers explosive with darkness. Neither Dick nor Rachel knew exactly how they worked, and apparently Rachel didn't know how to control it at times. To others, it made her a ticking time bomb, but to Blair it made her a kid scared of her own strength and powers. It made Rachel vulnerable.

"I'm not sure yet." Dick admitted, still staring out at the road ahead.

"But it's safe to assume that." Blair added for him. "She's powerful Dick. I mean, just from what you told me, I can tell."

The car was silent for a moment, Blair looking out the window again as Dick looked over at her, studying the way she bit her lip as she thought to herself. "You know, when I talked to you the other day, it didn't sound like you were planning on running away."

"I'm not running away." She insisted, not sure if she was trying to convince him or herself of that. She should have known with the long ride ahead of them that her appearance at the hospital with her bags would be brought up eventually. She was just hoping it would be later.

Dick gave her a knowing look, glancing between her and the empty road, "The duffel bag in the trunk says different. What happened?"

"Nothing," She shrugged her shoulders, keeping her gaze on the window. "I just needed some time to think and be away from Gotham."

"Think about what exactly?"

"Stuff."

"Blair Luna Wilde, if you don't tell me what's going on, I will call Bruce myself and find out." Dick warned, waiting for her to speak again.

Blair slumped against her seat, crossing her arms as she glared at him, "I forgot how much of a pain in the ass you can be."

"Forgive me if I want to know why my little sister decided to leave home and why she turned her phone off." He nodded to the phone in the cup holder, the screen dark. She had turned it off the minute she got to the hospital and never turned it back on.