Chapter 9

Blair sat across from her uncle, watching as he looked over cases involving Knight Wolf and Batman

Blair sat across from her uncle, watching as he looked over cases involving Knight Wolf and Batman. Gordon had a unique filing system for his cases; closed, unsolved and in progress, Batman and Knight Wolf, and then the petty crimes or what he deemed "cases that aren't priority." She was only ever allowed to look at the high priority cases when they were closed, which is why she was currently reading about a gas station robbery.

"So, how are they doing?" She asked as he closed the folder, placing it in Batman and Knight Wolf's stack of solved cases.

"How is who doing?" Gordon grabbed another report.

"Batman and Knight Wolf. Those are their cases aren't they?" With as crappy as her month had been, she needed to hear from someone that she was doing a good job, even if that someone was her uncle who had no idea that she was the one he'd be congratulating. So yes, she was fishing for praise.

Instead of answering, Gordon gave her a suspicious look. Blair sighed, "It says so right there Uncle Jim, plus that is their stack."

"Blair—"

"Fine, I'll just continue to read the boring cases then." Blair closed the folder, grabbing the stack of low priority cases to go through. A small question pricked in the back of her mind as she flipped through the folders, "You know, you're the Commissioner, why do you always go out on cases?"

"I'd rather be out in the field than behind the desk." Gordon explained. "It gives me a better look at the police force in action, plus Batman refuses to deal with anyone else. At least his partner talks to Harvey if she has to."

"Oh, so now we're talking about Batman and Knight Wolf." Blair joked, giving her uncle a small grin as he sighed loudly before turning back to her stack of boringly unsolved cases.

Her eyes land on a case involving the disappearance of an ancient family heirloom of some rich socialite. When she read over the case, she slid the folder over to Gordon in an excited frenzy, "Uncle Jim! I found something and I know who did it!"

"What? What am I missing?" He grabbed the folder, flipping through the paperwork.

"Catwoman. You're missing Catwoman! This has her MO all over it!" Blair excitedly kicked the desk. She had found a case, something simple for the night, all without the help of the Batcomputer hacking the files.

"Blair I haven't even— you're right. How did you know that?" He gave her a suspicious look, one of which she ignored entirely, she always had an excuse.

"I've paid attention to her attacks in the past." She shrugged. "Give it to Batman. He can totally handle her."

"What if I want to work it?"

Blair sighed, "Uncle Jim, you and I both know she only listens to him. You've complained about it enough."

It was true. Every time Gordon had a case involving Selina Kyle, he would come home grumbling about how Batman had somehow talked her into returning whatever valuable museum artifact she had stolen. Funnily enough, he was nowhere to be found when she stole for a good cause. It drove Gordon crazy, and it made Blair laugh.