Chapter 77

Blair walked into the gala, the first gala she had thrown by herself in the name of the Wayne Foundation in partnership with Wilde Youth

Blair walked into the gala, the first gala she had thrown by herself in the name of the Wayne Foundation in partnership with Wilde Youth. She had worked hard, day and night to make sure that program had gotten off the ground. It wasn't just an extension of the Wayne Foundation, it was her own creation, her own little business baby... and it was a huge success.

The minute her feet touched the dance floor, Jason twirled her in a graceful circle before pulling her back to him with a smile. Blair fell into step with him, "You know, you used to hate these things."

"I still do," Jason shrugged. "But this one has booze."

"You suck, you know that?"

Jason just grinned, "Last I checked, you hate these things too."

"I don't hate them, I just hate the dress codes. I love the cause, I love the music," She flashed him a smug smile. "I really love forcing you to dance with me, and the booze is a bonus."

"If you hate the dress codes so much, why'd you make this black tie?"

"And deprive Gotham's Elite of an excuse to dress in their money?" She scoffed. "I've found that it's easier to take their money if you play to their unwritten rules."

Jason nodded in understanding before grinning again, "I still think the Wonderland theme would've been a fucking blast."

Blair laughed, laying her head on his shoulder. Everything was just... amazingly perfect. She knew she shouldn't think that as Gotham always had a way of ruining it, as if the city could read minds and thought it was funny to destroy something great. Yet, she couldn't help it.

"Mind if I cut in?" An amused voice asked, tapping Jason on the shoulder.

Jason turned around, still holding Blair's waist to face Jules with a matching grin, "Then who would I dance with?"

"Matty is over by the bar." She shrugged. "Ask him, sure he'd love to."

Jason rolled his eyes, "I think I'll go get a drink." He kissed Blair on the cheek as he left. "Find me after."

Jules immediately took Blair's hand, Blair stepping into the lead with her hand on Jules' waist as the song changed, "So why did you just interrupt my dance with my boyfriend?"

"We always dance together."

While that was true, a tradition they had started at their very first gala, Jules had never straight up interrupted her other dances before. "And I was going to ask you to dance in a little while, so what's the real reason?"