Chapter 79

Almost two hours later, the media circus had come and gone, but not without managing to credit Knight Wolf and Robin alongside the many "masked heroes" that showed up to defend the world from unknown danger

Almost two hours later, the media circus had come and gone, but not without managing to credit Knight Wolf and Robin alongside the many "masked heroes" that showed up to defend the world from unknown danger. Now, they were standing on the side of the empty highway, Blair with her mask off and Jason standing behind her with his arms around her waist, all enjoying their last moments with each other.

"I gotta give it to you, Rach." Dawn said with a small smile. "You really know how to throw a party."

"Yeah, do it again." Jason agreed eagerly. "I loved beating Dick's ass."

Blair twisted around to lightly smack his face with a laugh, "Stop."

Dick walked by, carrying their bags to transfer over to Donna's Jeep, "Keep dreaming, Bird Boy."

"Nice one." Jason snorted. "Really inventive."

"I'm here all week."

Donna shook her head, ignoring their playful argument to look over at Rachel, "Maybe give us a heads up next time so I can do my own eye makeup? Your demon dad wasn't much for subtlety."

"Really?" Kory shrugged. "I kinda liked it, it was really gothic."

Gar raised his hand slowly, "Uh, I didn't."

Hank stood up straight, giving him an apologetic look, "Hey man, again, really sorry."

"It's cool." Gar shrugged, getting out of the back of the Jeep to walk over to them. Blair had helped him clean off most of the blood from his face, but the bruises and cuts were still there. Rachel promised to heal them when they were back on the road, just so gas attendants didn't freak out when they stopped. "I know it wasn't really you guys. It couldn't have been. Dick was actually kind of funny, in a weird, psycho way."

Everyone shifted their gaze to Dick at the front of the Jeep, "You do realize I'm listening?"

Blair snorted, "Are you ever not?"

"Yeah, when you start talking about the damn Porsche."

"SHE WAS A NICE CAR AND YOU TRADED HER IN—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He waved her off. "For a minivan, I know."

"AND WHERE IS THE MINIVAN NOW?" She exclaimed, looking around for dramatic effect. Dick stayed silent, suddenly interested in the fluid levels of the Jeep. "That's what I thought." She said smugly. "Bird brain."

"I heard that."

"Good." She smirked. "Bird brain."

Jason laughed into her hair. It was a small action, one he had done plenty times before, but it still made her blush and grin like an idiot.

Rachel stepped forward to hug Dawn, "You guys have fun."

"Where you going?" Hank asked as Rachel pulled away.