Chapter 67

Blair watched from a distance as Alfred and River checked Barbara for signs of a concussion or worse

Blair watched from a distance as Alfred and River checked Barbara for signs of a concussion or worse. Her mask was in her hand, the paint around her eyes removed, but she still remained in her suit, arms crossed as she leaned against one of the cases.

This was not the way she wanted her night to go at all. One minute she was just trying to make it through a dinner where she was being ambushed with Barbara's return, and the next she was having to save the same Barbara from a crazy ex-henchman.

"Are you sure you don't want to change?" Jason asked, walking out of the changing room in sweatpants and old t-shirt. "I can stay with her and make sure our old butler and nineteen year old doctor friend don't accidentally murder her."

Blair looked over at him in confusion, "What?"

"You're worried about her. I can tell." He said, shifting his gaze from her to Barbara getting patched up by River near the medical table. Blair could say whatever she wanted about it, but her eyes gave everything away. "Your eyes get a murky kind of green when you're worried."

"They do not." She scoffed, shaking her head.

Jason raised an amused eyebrow, "I've been around you long enough to know when you're worried, Blair."

"I'm not worried." She insisted, though she didn't know who she was trying to convince. Jason or herself. "Barbara's a big girl. She'll be fine."

"Then why do you keep looking like you're ready to drive her to the hospital yourself?" He asked, still slightly amused by her overattentive gaze on her cousin. He was pretty sure if he held his hand in front of her face, she would break his wrist.

"You're seeing things." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe you hit your head too."

Jason snorted, "Someone's touchy tonight."

Blair didn't take time to respond, marching over to Barbara as River and Alfred started to put the medical supplies back in their respective containers. River looked up as she got closer, elbowing Alfred who just quickly gathered the rest of the materials and walked away.

Barbara met her angry gaze, opening her mouth to say something but Blair beat her to the punch, "Out of all the stupid things you've done in your life, taking an Uber at night in Gotham has got to be one of the stupidest."

"I told you, I was going home." Barbara groaned in frustration. If she wasn't worried that she had a concussion, Blair would've smacked her upside the head. Barbara had no right to be frustrated, not at that moment. This moment of frustration was on reserve for her and her only. "How else was I supposed to get there?"

"Why aren't you living with Uncle Jim?" Blair asked, refusing to let this issue slide. "Wouldn't that be more sensible?"

Barbara narrowed her eyes in a glare that rivaled Blair's, "I'm a grown ass woman, Blair. I don't need to move back home."