Loki's Escape

Lexi's POV

Everyone was thrown in every direction. Steve, Fury, Thor, Tony, and I are thrown across while Natasha and Banner are down in the lower equipment room. I reached up and accepted Steve's hand as he helped me to my feet before looking over at Tony.

"Put on the suit!" He said.

"Yep!"

I watched as Steve helped Tony up and out of the lab. I frowned as I looked around thinking of what to do before racing down the hall towards Loki's cage. There was no way I was going to let him escape!

It was utter chaos in my ear as my comm unit was filled with chatter. I managed to hear Fury warning that Barton was the one who had taken out the systems and that he was headed down to the detention level & heard Natasha reply that she was on it but I drowned out the rest of the noise, trying to focus on making my own way to the detention level. I was outside the door when Thor joined me, busting into the room only to find Loki, escaping.

"NO!" Thor boomed as he charged at his brother. I watched as Loki walked up to him and crouched down to attack. Thor went straight through him. The false Loki dissipates into nothingness while the real Loki came out from behind the cell door, which closes on Thor, locking him up. Loki smiled.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" He said before turning to look at me. I stepped back as he strode over to me, not liking the predatory glint in his eyes.

"Stay away from her, Loki" Thor shouted.

"I have as much of a claim to her as you do, so why on earth would I do that?" Loki replied.

"Hey! Neither of you have a 'claim' on me! No one does! I'm my own person!" I argued back as I crossed my arms and frowned at the two gods.

Thor, in a fit of anger, slams Mjolnir onto the glass cell. To everyone's surprise, the cell door only cracks, but it does violently shake the ship. Loki stands there in caution before me as one of his guards enters the room.

Loki then smiled as he walked over to the control panel.

"The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?" He asked his brother, giving me the perfect distraction to pull out the Phase 2 weapon I had grabbed on my way over and use it to knock out the soldier and then point the weapon over at Loki.

"Step away from the panel, Loki!" I demanded. Inwardly sighing as Loki moved away from the switch.

"I have no idea what this weapon does, do you wanna find out?" I asked as I held it up in front of me. I gasped as the weapon was suddenly yanked out of my hands and I found myself slamming up against the wall, though I was pleasantly surprised to not feel any impact. I blinked in confusion as I stared down at the arm wrapped around me and realized that Loki must have used his own arm to block the impact of the wall. I guess that was sweet of him? I did find it odd however that he didn't seem to want to hurt me.

"I'll be right back, Kitten. Just stay here for one moment," Loki said and suddenly a green light was covering me and I found that I couldn't move. I hissed at him as he walked back over to the control switch and with one last look at his brother opens the hatch, hits the button and drops Thor out of the ship.

He then walked back over to me and raised his hand up. I blinked as I saw more green light come shooting out towards me before everything went black and I slumped over, not aware of Loki's arms wrapping around me as he lifted me up into his arms.

3rd Person POV

Steve, Natasha, and Tony all stiffened as they heard Fury's voice over the coms telling them that Loki had taken Lexi hostage. Though they had only just med the girl, they had found themselves all drawn to get for some reason and Fury's words hit them hard.