TAHITI

3rd Person POV

"Finally. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten –" Quinn said as the door to his holding cell opened to reveal a pissed off May.

The rest of his words were cut off when May shoved his face into the table. She then yanked the chair out from under him sending him to the floor.

"Wait! You can't!" Quinn cried out like an idiot.

May bent down and grabbed a hold of him.

"Why? Because you're defenseless, like she was?" she hissed out angrily.

She then went about punching his face, repeatedly – at least until Coulson and Ward entered.

"May! May!" Coulson exclaimed.

She stopped and looked over at Coulson as Quinn wiped the blood away from under his nose.

"Outside, now," Coulson ordered.

********************************************

"So...she's still alive?"

"Yeah. And you better hope she stays that way." Agent Garret commented as he and Coulson interrogated Quinn.

"Is that why you shot Skye? Because she saw what Cybertek delivered?" Coulson asked.

"No. I shot Skye because that's what the Clairvoyant told me to do."

"What I find surprising is how a big shot billionaire could fall for this psychic mumbo jumbo," Garret said.

"Oh, I doubted it at the beginning, but then I realized it would be mutually beneficial."

"He must have something pretty terrible on you. Shooting an unarmed girl?" Coulson hissed.

"Let's just say I learned the hard way that obeying was in my best interest."

Coulson sighed angrily as the interrogation proceeded and he realized that Skye was right when she had told him that her shooting was all about him.

"Wait. You don't know what Shield did to save you?" Garret inquired after Coulson had explained how he had died. "So shooting the girl forces you to either figure it all out –"

"So the Clairvoyant can finally see," Quinn interjected.

"Or you let the girl die," Garret finished for him.

Coulson nodded his head as he sighed with regret. He felt horrible that his situation had lead to Skye being shot; and that their new plan to catch the Clairvoyant involved her having to suffer unnecessarily while they tried to chase down a solution that she did not even need.

********************************************

Skye started to flat line again and Simmons and Trip started to act. May spoke to Fitz as she left the pod for the cockpit.

"Fitz, come in. What's your status?"

"We found it," he replied. Rushing back to the plane and holding the vial out to Simmons, who didn't take it. Ward walked in behind Fitz.

"What is it? And how much, injected where?" Simmons asked.

"No! Don't give it to her!" Coulson shouted as he rushed in just a moment too late.

Simmons looked up at him with tears in her eyes, it was too late. There was still the tone of her flat lining in the background as Ward and the others looked on helpless. Coulson, knowing the real reason; quickly grabbed a pair of tweezers and while no one was looking dug out the two bullets.