Ye Who Enter Here

Daisy's POV

"So, what was he like?" I heard Jemma asking Trip as I approached them from down the hall on the Bus.

"Daisy's dad?" Trip asked for clarification.

"Yes," Jemma confirmed.

"That man was out of his damn mi –" Trip stopped talking as I entered the room and he hurried to change his words. "Hey. Hi, Daisy," he said.

"Hey, yourself. Mission prep in five, cargo hold.," I told them.

"Right. Roger that," Jemma said. I watched as her and Trip shared a look.

"Talking about my dad?" I asked, they didn't need to know I already knew they had been.

"I'm sorry. It must be so –" Simmons started to say.

"Messed up?" I guessed.

"I was going to use the off color version of "messed up," but it felt inappropriate," she replied.

"Oh, it's appropriate. My dad, Ward, The Obelisk, the city, it's all messed up. And...I just – I can't shake this vibe that something really bad is about to happen," I said.

"You mean like someone getting shot?" said Trip. "Yeah, I got that covered already, girl, so you can lose that vibe. We're good," he added with a smile. I rolled my eyes at him.

"That's right. Yeah. Nothing but positive thoughts from here on out," Jemma chimed in as she reached down and rapped her knuckles on the table, knocking on wood. "That's not wood, is it?" She awkwardly took her tray of supplies as Trip laughed at her a bit, before starting toward the cargo hold. After he walked away I extended my own hand down to the table and gave it a knock of luck as well then took a deep sigh.

*****

"Here's what we know. HYDRA's on the move. They have The Obelisk and an expert who knows how to use it. We can't let that happen, obviously," Coulson said once everyone was gathered.

"Use it how?" Hunter asked.

"Based on our latest intel there's something very powerful inside it, a weapon," Coulson answered; none of them knowing that the power inside the city was never meant to be destructive (in the right hands of course; Daisy's hands that is).

"Are we talking chemical, biological, energy based...?" Mack asked.

"Could be anything, it's alien," Fitz told him.

"While Simmons and I were undercover at HYDRA, Whitehall was looking to create an extension level event, to kill millions of people. We have to assume this weapon has the potential to do that," Bobbi added.

"Because bad guys love their WMDs. Trick is, to activate The Obelisk HYDRA has to take it to a specific place. It's like they have the keys to launch a nuclear warhead –" Coulson said.

"Now they need the lock – a temple inside the city," I finished for him.

"Any idea where this temple is?" Simmons asked.

"Glad you asked – no. But, it's in the city and we now know where that is. Even better, HYDRA doesn't, Fitz," Coulson moved out of the way and Fitz started up the holographic towers. It displayed a Shield case file S.11.2.

I walked to the file and spread my hands throwing up a display of the globe.

"On our mission to Australia we hacked a military satellite network. Using that we ran a multispectral topographic scan of the Earth, miles deep through the oceanic crust looking to match ancient rock formations with the 3-D model of the city. And we found this," I told everyone as I focused on one area of the globe in particular.