Discord

Lexi's POV

I stared at the monitor screen in front of me where Tony had hacked into the security cameras so we could observe what was going on. Loki was locked in a cylindrical glass cage. We watched on in silence as Fury walked in and over to a control panel.

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape- you so much as scratch that glass," we heard Fury saying. Fury pushed a button and suddenly the floor beneath the cell dropped away to nothing. This was nothing I hadn't seen before on the BUS. "Thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" He pushed a button and closed the floor the gestured first to Loki. "Ant - Boot."

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me," Loki replied.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh I've heard...How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?...You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Oh. It burns you to have come so close, to have the Tesseract, to have power- unlimited power, and for what?...warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if 'real power'wants a magazine or something."

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Bruce said as the monitor screen turned off.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead the against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract," Thor replied. I kept my mouth shut as I had nothing worthwhile to contribute as of yet.

"An army, from outer space?"

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?"

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has them under some kind of spell- along with one of ours," Natasha pointed out.

"I wanna know why Loki let us takehim. He's not leading an army from here," Steve said

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bagfull of cats, you can small crazyon him," Bruce replied.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha pointed out.

"He's adopted?" was Thors response.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what do they need the Iridium for?" Banner asked as Tony came walking in.

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony commented. "Means the portal won't collapse onitself like it did at SHIELD. No hard feelings point break, you got a mean swing," he added with a look towards Thor. Thor gave Tony a look as he walked to the control panels. "Also, means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants. Standing now at the command area of the ship, I watched as Tony covered one eye. "How does Fury even see these?" he said with a look towards agent Maria Hill.

"He turns!"

"How exhausting!" I continued to watch as Tony messed with the screens, sticking something to the underside of a desk. I knew from experience that he was trying to hack into Fury's files. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on-pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to- kick start the Cube.