The Well

Skye's POV

"You guys may think it's old news, but it's new...news to everybody else. So, Asgardians are aliens from another planet that visited us thousands of years ago?"

I was holding a box while Coulson and I walked around our latest crime scene. Coulson must have seen something; bending down to pick it up and placing it in the box.

"Or more."

"And because we couldn't understand aliens, we thought they were Gods?"

We passed by May who was kneeling on the floor above an artifact; testing it.

"That's where our Norse mythology comes from."

I let out a deep sigh.

"That's too crazy. Do you think other deities are aliens, too?" Hydra hadn't taught me about any of this stuff! Almost everything I knew about other cultures and religions I had learned on my own after I escaped from them.

Coulson walked past me and dropped something into my box.

"Vishnu for sure, right? Ohh, what about Mount Olympus and all the Greek Gods and Goddesses?" I liked them best. Zeus with his lightning bolts, Athena and her wisdom, Artemis with her love for the hunt, and Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty, and all the others! There were so many. I didn't know what it was exactly, but something about the legends of the Greek gods and goddesses resonated with me more so than the other mythologies out there.

"You know, it'd be nice if, for once, Thor and his people sent down the God of cleaning up after yourself. They probably have a magic broom for this kind of thing." I had never met this Thor, but these Asguardians only seemed to bring destruction in their wake...

"I just wish they'd left their alien ship behind!" I commented.

"So we can clean that up, too?"

"So we could go inside, take a peek under the hood, maybe take it for a spin. Come on, you're telling me piloting an alien ship isn't on your bucket list?" I asked May.

May gave an intrigued look at this notion.

"I can't think of a single time when anything alien in human hands ended well!" Coulson pointed out.

He put another piece into the box I was holding.

"Wouldn't mind getting my human hands on Thor. He looks so dreamy..." I had only seen a few pictures from his first landing on Midgard. But from what I had seen, he was very impressive. So were Tony, Steve, Clint, Bucky, and Natasha though. I was still dreaming about them, even more now that I had run into four of them recently at The Hub. I blinked and tried to refocus.

"Sure, he's handsome, but –" Coulson started to say.

"No, he's dreamy!" May cut in.

I shot Coulson a "I told you so" look before following after May as she walked off.

********************************************

"Anything else? Details? Anything that might help us to find these people or where they might be hiding?" I heard Coulson say to one of the Rangers through his earpiece.

"Sir, doesn't look like they're hiding," I informed him from my spot in the Planning Room on The Bus. I was watching a news broadcast, which looked to be footage of a riot.

"Sending to your devices, now," May added to Coulson as she sent them the recording.

"The rioting has left 20 injured, 3 in critical condition. Reports indicate that the group of about a dozen was led by this man and woman," a female reporter was saying. "And although their motive was unclear, their message was hauntingly spelled out on the streets of Oslo."