Beginning of the End (Part 1)

Skye's POV

"Could sure use a little light in here," Coulson said, looking over his shoulder at me. I nodded and was about to ignite a fire ball in my hand when Trip spoke up.

"Got it!" He said, hitting a button on a device in his hand then throwing it to the ground so that it slid to the center of the room illuminating the soldiers. The soldiers just stand glaring at our team. I breathed a sigh of relief having realized that if I DID end up using my powers in front of these soldiers, I was likely to give away my secret to Hydra and Whitehall would be one step closer to finding me again. But that didn't mean I couldn't punch a few of these idiots.

"So, who do we talk to about getting a haircut?" Coulson joked.

Trip started firing and the fight broke out. I wanted to stay and help but I had my primary target. I rushed into the computer room and got to work, quickly plugging in my flash drive. I managed to get the computer up and running my program as I heard the others fighting.

"Bring the house down!" I heard Coulson saying and suddenly I heard the sound of the support pillars being knocked down. "Time to go!" Coulson called out.

Thankfully the program I was working on finished right as he said this - I removed the thumb drive and hurried out.

"Come on. Let's go. Let's go!" Coulson exclaimed as May followed behind me, stopping at the top to throw the Berserker staff at the last beam, causing the ceiling to collapse on the remaining soldiers.

*****

"The Trojan horse worked," I said once we had gotten back to the hanger bay. I walked over to where May was patching Trip up. "It gave us access to the system we wanted." I sat in a chair opposite them looking at my cellphone. "Our secret weapon, we now have eyes on their operation right in the palm of my hand."

"We'll need more than eyes to defeat Garrett," Trip pointed out.

Coulson walked into the area from the cockpit with a worried look on his face, May turned to him.

"What is it?" She asked.

I noticed his demeanor too, and sat up straighter.

"Fitz-Simmons' tracker crossed the ocean. It's in New Mexico," he informed us.

"They managed to tag the plane?" I said.

"It appears so, but they're not answering," Coulson said worriedly.

"No!" I exclaimed with a startled breath. Dread instantly washing over me.

"We can't think about that right now. They may have been captured. Either way they risked everything to put a tracker on that plane for us. Now we know exactly where Garrett is and Skye can see what he's doing," Coulson stated.

I just stared at him sadly.

"If Fitz and Simmons are still alive then catching Garrett is our only shot at finding them."

*****

"We only get one shot at this, so let's go over the plan one more time to make sure we're clear on exactly what we're doing, okay?" Coulson said as we all got ready. "Trip and I will crest the ridge, use a noisemaker to grab a three-wheel, maybe something with more fireworks and open a window for you two."While he spoke Trip leaned down and took something out of his grandfather's suitcase. "You crawl in, grab the dealer, force his hand. He'll get us our ace in the hole and then Bob's your uncle."

I finished loading my gun with a loud cocking noise.

"Roger that!" I exclaimed.

"Makes it sound easy," Trip said.