The Battle of New York (Part 2)

Lexi's POV

"Call it, Captain," Tony said.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash.

"Wanna give me a lift?" I heard Clint ask Tony. I sighed, wishing that my wings would hurry up and heal already - but it seemed to be taking longer than it would normally take. Hmm...maybe my wings were more delicate than the rest of me? Hydra had thankfully left my wings alone during their experiments so I had never experienced the heal time for them until now.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas!" Tony warned as he grabbed Clint and flew him up to the top of a building, then flew off again.

"Thor! You gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow 'em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up!" Steve instructed. I did my best not to stare too hard, but man it was difficult to focus on anything while watching him go all Captain America...how was a girl supposed to concentrate with THAT going on right in front of her! The man was sex on a stick!

"You, me, and Natasha, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk!" I looked over to see the Hulk turn around to face Cap, who pointed at him.

"Smash!" I shouted at him with two thumbs up. Hulk grinned at me, then leapt off, taking out dozens of warriors that were on the sides of the buildings - grabbing them, smashing them, throwing them.

I pivoted left and right, doing my best to protect both Steve and Natasha at the same time, but there were so many Chitauri surrounding us that it was getting more and more difficult. I watched on in fear as Natasha was thrown upon a car and the warrior she was fighting was about to attack. I was about to rush forward when she used her Widow's Bite on it, shocking him out.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal!" Natasha pointed out as we were finally able to fight our way over to her.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve said worriedly.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," I suggested, I mean we were dealing with Asguardians here.

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride," Steve pointed out. I frowned as I realized he was right. My wings were still nowhere near healed enough to lift me at the moment. I glanced around looking for ideas when I suddenly came up with a mad one.

"You two ok to handle things down here?" I asked, looking at Steve and Natasha. They nodded their heads in confirmation though I could tell that they were both curious as to what I was about to do. I grinned wickedly at them as I made my way over to the other side of the overpass. "I got a ride. I could use a boost though," I told Steve, accepting the earpiece that Natasha slipped me along the way. At least now I would be able to properly communicate with everyone rather than having to rely on my super hearing.

"You sure about this?" He said, unsure as he readied his shield in front of him.

"Yeah, are you kidding? It's gonna be fun! Tony has no idea what he's missing out on!" I exclaimed as I ran at Captain America, who used his shield to boost me up.

I grabbed on to a passing Chitauri vehicle, using it as a way to climb higher into the sky. I leapt back and forth, knocking out as many foes as I could, while trying to be strategic so that I didn't end up falling. I didn't think it would do me any good to tempt faith with a fourth fall out of the sky.

I climbed aboard the craft in front of me, pulled out a dagger and stabbed the
warrior in front of me. I then spun around and kicked him off the craft, making my way
to the other one and using him to control the vehicle.