Part thirty seven

Jess' s p.o.v

Gwen looked amazing in her wedding dress. It was covered in delicate white lace down to the floor. Ringlets of auben hair framed her face and cascaded down her back. As I stood alongside her and Adam listening to them exchange their vows, I remembered how we met. It was 5 years earlier and my first time in L.A. I'd been given a small role in a Ben Affleck film and Gwen was the make up artist. I spent a lot of time sat in her chair and we soon got talking. By the end of filming, we were firm friends.

That was also the turning point in my career. The director was so happy with my performance, he cast me in another role in his next film and things took off from there. Gwen and I had worked together on four films over the years, always turning the makeup trailer into the liveliest place on set. Gwen's friendship had meant so much to me and being able to share this special day with her made me truly thankful. The emotion of it all was too much for me and a few tears of happiness slipped from my eyes. Gwen had found her soul mate and as I glanced over at Shannon, I saw the love in his eyes and I knew I had found mine.

The reception was in full swing, the speeches were over and everyone had piled onto the dance floor. Gwen and I were strutting our stuff, when she pulled me into a huge hug. G "Oh my God I can't believe I'm married!" Me "Today has been an amazing day honey, I'm so happy for you guys!" G "It's you're turn next you know." I laughed G "I mean it! You and Shannon are going to go the distance!" I looked over at Shannon, who was talking to the best man. Me and Shannon...married?

I shook the thought from my head before it had time to take hold. I finished filming in a few weeks and we still hadn't discussed what was going to happen after that, never mind the rest of our lives. I turned my attention back to Gwen. Me "Stop talking rubbish and go save your husband." I motioned to Adam, who was stuck dancing with Gwen's tipsy Aunt Bonnie...and she was getting a bit handsy. Gwen laughed and walked over to them, patting Bonnie on the shoulder so she could cut in.

I stood watching the new Mr & Mrs Carter dancing to 'Ain't no way' by Aretha Franklin, not realising I was gently swaying along to the music. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. I leaned back into Shannon's embrace and he nuzzled my neck. Me "Mmmm..." He squeezed me tighter and whispered into my ear. S "May I have this dance?" I spun around and rested my hands on his firm chest. He took my hands and lifted them to his shoulders. His fingers traced down my arms, over my body to my waist. S "Have I told you how beautiful you look in that dress? I can't wait to get you out of it." He pulled me close and we began to move slowly to the music. As we danced, everyone else in the room disappeared. All I could see was the man I loved.