Part twenty seven

Jess's p.o.v

The next morning I opened my eyes to see Shannon lying next to me. I longed to reach over and touch him, but he looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb him. I just lay there watching him sleep. I never thought I could feel this way.

S "That's kinda creepy you know." He opened one eye and looked at me. Me "I know, but you looked so cute, I couldn't help myself." He closed his eye again and smiled, still half asleep. S "Cute?...puppies are cute...I'm stunningly handsome." I couldn't help laughing. Both eyes shot open, S "You think that's funny do you?" I just nodded, trying not to laugh too hard.

He lunged forward and grabbed me, pulling me underneath him. S "I'll show you funny." He started tickling me and kissing my neck, making me laugh. Me "Shannon!...No!...Stop it!" was all I could manage in between fits if laughter. I tried to buck him off me, but he was too heavy. I managed to grab his hands and pull them above my head. I reached up and took his face in my hands, pulling his lips to mine. He broke the kiss. S "What's this?"

I turned my head to see a folded up vest in his hand. He'd pulled it out from it's hiding place under my pillow. He sat up, unfolding it and looked at me puzzled. S "I've been looking for this everywhere." I looked at him a little guilty.  Me "I found it after your last visit. I've been sleeping in it the last few nights...it smells like you." He looked deep into my eyes, then leaned down and kissed me gently. I reached around his waist and pulled his body closer to me. I couldn't bare to have any space between us.

Our peace was broken by the sound of the apartment door opening. S "Who's that?" He looked at me worried. I smiled. Me "Trouble." Before he could say another word, we heard voices...and then a bark.

Within seconds Cujo was on the bed, bouncing excitedly towards us. I stroked him and gave him a quick kiss. S "Hey buddy!" Cujo looked over at Shannon, barked once, then jumped on top of him. He licked Shannon's face all over, then nuzzled into him. S "It's good to see you too boy." Cujo rolled onto his back, letting Shannon rub his belly.

I looked at the two of them and smiled. I couldn't believe this was the same dog that growled at every other man I'd ever brought home. He'd never been keen on men, I think a man may have mistreated him before he came to me. Ryan was the only other guy he could stand to be around and even then, Cujo had never been too sure about him.

But there was something about Shannon and Cujo saw it. From the moment I introduced them, they'd become best friends. After we broke up, Cujo pinned for him.

I threw on some clothes and went out to greet Ryan and Elsa. They'd been helping me take care of Cujo for the last few days. Me "Morning guys!" They were stood in the living room. Elsa gave me a huge hug. Ryan "Looks like someone had fun last night." He motioned to the clothes all over the floor. I blushed and quickly grabbed my bra off a table lamp.

Me "Yeah, I had a surprise visitor."  Elsa "So I see." I turned to see Shannon had appeared carrying Cujo and wearing only his shorts. Elsa giggled at the sight of Shannon in his underwear and Ryan just stood in shock. Me "Ryan, you remember Shannon. Shannon this is Elsa, Ryan's fiancee." Elsa blushed as Shannon took her hand. S "Nice to finally meet you Elsa."

R "Well I can't tell you how happy I am to see you two together again." He looked at me "This one's been unbearable" He shook Shannon's hand. R "I'm sorry about everything. I never thought how it must have looked..." Shannon put his hand on Ryan's shoulder. S "Please don't worry about it. I should have trusted Jess." He spoke with shame in his voice.

Me "Right! You can both stop being so miserable and cheer up! Come on we're all going to breakfast, my treat." I turned to Shannon. Me "You. Go and put some clothes on, or we'll have women fainting in the street!" He laughed and picked up his clothes. The temptation was too much for me and I smacked his ass as he walked away. He turned his head to look at me, wiggled his ass, then carried on to the bedroom.

The three of us stood laughing. E "It's good to see you happy again Jess. We were getting worried about you." I smiled and gave them both a hug. Me "Thank you so much for everything guys. I don't think I could have made it through this last week without you."

Shannon came back wearing jeans and the vest he'd found in my bed,  Cujo trotting beside him. As we headed out the door I stopped Shannon. Me "I'm going to want that back when you go." Stroking the vest. S "Well you'll just have to take it from me later then, won't you." He winked and took my hand as we walked out the door.