Part fourteen

Jess's p.o.v

I stared into Jared's eyes, me "Jared...I...what about Shannon?" He pulled me closer, rubbing himself against me. J "What about him? Just go with it." He held me tight and moved his hips to the music. My hands were on his arms and my body started to move with him. Wait what was I doing? This felt wrong. Me "I'm sorry, I can't do this." I pulled his hands off me and walked back over to Shannon and Tomo.

Shannon was watching me as I sat down, he'd seen everything. I downed my drink. T "You OK Jess?" me "Yeah, just thirsty." I looked at Shannon, he was staring straight into my eyes. Tomo looked at us both then stood up. T "I think I'm gonna call it a night. I still need to call Vicky back." to me T "I'll see you tomorrow Jess, at the show?" I glanced at Shannon. Me "Yeah, sure. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I got up and gave Tomo a hug. me "See you tomorrow." T "Night Shan." Shannon stood up and hugged Tomo. S "Night man, thanks for today." Tomo left, leaving Shannon and I alone.

The waitress brought me another drink and I took a big gulp. S "Hey, slow down." I slammed my glass down and looked at him. Me "Who are you, my dad?" He came over and sat next to me. S "What's wrong with you?" me "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" I was almost shouting. Me "You've been acting shitty with me since we got here! I thought you liked me, but I was obviously..." He grabbed me and kissed me hard, taking me by surprise. He pulled back and I tried to catch my breath. S "I do like you, I just guessed you preferred Jared." I hit his chest. me "You're an idiot." He smiled and pulled me to him again, devouring my lips once more.

We were so lost in each other, we didn't notice Jared come back. He cleared his throat, making his presence known. J "Nice to see you two are getting on so well." We separated and looked at him embarrassed. To Shannon J "I knew she'd pass." wait, what? S "Dude!" me "Pass?" I looked at them both confused. S "It's nothing, just some stupid thing Jared does sometimes. Don't worry about it." He put his arm around me. But I was worried. Jared smiled and winked at me. Son of a...

Me "Is that what was going on back on the dance floor, you were testing me?" Jared smiled J "Sorry about that, just a bit of fun." me to Shannon "You knew about this?" S "I'm sorry, I told him not to but he thinks he's protecting me." Emma and Jamie came back to the table. me "I have to go." I grabbed my hoodie and walked away. S "Babe, wait!" He came after me. Emma turned to Jared, E "What's wrong with...oh Jared you didn't?" Jared "What?" He shrugged innocently.

S "Jess wait! Please!" I ignored his plea and kept walking. I was so furious with him, with both of them. I felt his hand grab my shoulder and he spun me around to face him. Me "Just leave me alone, Shannon." tears were streaming down my face. He reached out to my cheek, but I knocked his hand away. Me "Don't fucking touch me! What was this, some big game to you? A bit of birthday fun?" S "Baby no! Please, don't leave." He pulled me into his arms and held me tight. I struggled against him, but he was too strong. He rested his forehead against mine, both of us breathing heavily.

He reached up and wiped away my tears. S "Please don't cry Jess." I leant into his touch and he kissed me gently. S "I'm sorry. Girls have been into me before, then made a play for Jared as soon as my back was turned. He just cuts straight to the chase and tests them before I get too attached. He's trying to stop me getting hurt I guess." He lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. S "But he's too late, I'm already a gonna." He pulled my lips to his and I was lost again.